Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago when I went to the track I saw a COBRA with the "Ford Oval" on the trunk lid lit up ! it just relpaced the factory one and tied in with the tail light wiring harness ~ it was really different and very cool and I wondered if anyone else had seen something like it or knew where to get one ?? he got his from Orlando somewhere but couldn't remember where. Any help would be great !!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I guy in my neighborhood had one on his trunk. In daylight, I couldn’t tell the difference between it and the stock logo.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dennis

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This would go perfectly with the glowing blue oval. An illuminated pony for the grill. They say it was originally an option in '65. Is that right? Never heard of it.
http://www.cal-mustang.com/cm_able/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=3780&CATID=20&CM_SA=0
Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-11-21 07:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Surely they mean an aftermarket option years after the original production????? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Back in 1965 Ford Dealers could install a light up grill horse it filled the whole area around the horse and almost looked like it was made from Glass (I think it was plastic) I have seen one of them on a old 66 and looked into it and it was a real option over all there were over 150 Dealer options for 1965-68 Mustangs. California Mustang Does have a Illuminated Grill Horse Part Number 97L208 it is about $99.95 you can see it at www.cal-mustang.com you can also check out the new Flame Grill Horse.

Michael Satterfield
Special Projects Director
California Mustang
Cal-Focus
1-800-775-0101

·
Registered
219 Posts
S#!t, I'm trying to get rid of my blue oval.

I'm calling RICE on this mod!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yeah me too, kinda want the car to have the naked look with the onky badging being the BULLITT lable

·
Registered
821 Posts
I hate the oval but I don't want to have exposed holes or have to deal with filling them in, etc.....hmmmmm....

:nerd: Dona

·
Registered
219 Posts
Exactly. Why couldn't they just glue the damn thing on?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I took the Blue Oval off and replaced it with a GT. Looks much better.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 12:28, Y2K16T8 wrote:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You did? That has to look pretty [email protected] Now we definately have to get together. :grin:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 12:28, Y2K16T8 wrote:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I also took the GT's off the sides and replaced them with the running ponies. They're from a V-6 car, but who cares. They look great.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter w/Hurst stick and ball, FR aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger. FR 3.73 gears to be installed!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2002-01-29 14:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put on one of the steeda gel emblems that goes right over the ford emblem...looks pretty cool.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
On 2002-01-25 16:55, carguy65 wrote:
Back in 1965 Ford Dealers could install a light up grill horse it filled the whole area around the horse and almost looked like it was made from Glass</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw one on a 67 fast back and it looked like a bar of soap to me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts