Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!

Gosh, I didn't know such a site existed!

My story is:
I went to Walmart one day about two weeks ago to get some shower cleaner. On my way out of the parking lot, I noticed a COOL looking car sitting in front of a local restaurant. I THOUGHT it was a Mustang, but was not sure. I went home to wait for hubby to get home (he works nights, is home around 8am). When he got home, I told him about the car and that I wanted to go up and look at it a bit closer. So, we went. He told me "That's a Mustang Saleen, high dollar"..so, all we did was LOOK. Well, from there hubby was like, "I wonder if they have just the Mustang GT in that color" (it was mineral gray). This got us going to a local Ford dealer where we looked for a mineral gray Mustang GT. We found one, but hubby also spied a BULLITT on the showroom floor. He says to me "OH man, there's a BULLITT". I said "a what!?!?!" (I'd never heard of it!) He then went on to tell me the story about the movie, the car, etc. Well, I wasn't real impressed. So, we went home and I didn't give it another thought.
We then went back out to look around and when I finally saw a True Blue one in person, I really loved the look! After spending several hours at the dealership, we actually took a True Blue Bullitt home!

This is a neat site, I'm glad I got an e-mail about it. Talk to you again later!

2001 True Blue BULLITT #4841

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dona on 2001-10-10 12:46 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,053 Posts
Dona: That was me that E-mailed you! Welcome to Bullittclub! I will get you on the registry list ASAP. Neat story! Sounds VERY familiar to mine in fact. We went in to look at GTs too and ended up ordering a Bullitt as they hadn't been to production yet. There is lots and lots of information on this board for you to learn from, believe me! Use the search option to look up stuff like collectibles, or anything else for that matter! Just ask if you have any questions and I bet you will get more than 1 answer here! :smile:

Vicki

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI and thanks for the welcome!!

Yes, I know you sent me the e-mail and I'm glad you did!! I'm sure I'll have questions about my Bullitt...in fact, I already do. But, are there certain boards to post certain questions at? Like, my question is about an anti-freeze leak I ALREADY have...just curious if anyone else had it or not. Can you show me the right place to post this question?!

Thanks!!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,053 Posts
Dona: You will see on the first page it lists all the Forums. A radiator leak would list under "mechanical issues." Etc....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dona,
All I can say is that your husband is awfully lucky and smart. Think about it.....he got the Bullitt and you're as happy as anything! What else could be better?
Veeerrrry smart man...your husband and you think it's yours!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Bullitt is MINE! haha He might get to sit in the driver's seat, once in a while...but he refers to the Bullitt as "your" car, meaning "me". He has a nice truck and we have a Jeep, but now I'm trying to sell my Avenger! We were going to trade it in but what they offered us was totally ridiculous so we just kept it and bought the Bullitt outright! Can't beat that 0% financing!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a "newbie" too. My story is, gorgeous Saturday afternoon. I finished cleaning the house and was bored. Hoped in my 73 Datsun 240Z (love that car) and putted to the local Ford dealer. I'd NEVER considered buying a Ford, but there're 2 'Stangs (1 99 Cobra & 1 00 GT) that sound soooooo nice (they wake me up in the morn) I was just curious. Test drove a blue GT and liked it and the sales woman mentioned they had a Bullitt earlier in the day. We drove down to where the cars are stored and rounded the bend and there she was....Black Beauty. One test drive and 3 hours later I'm driving home in a black 2001 Bullitt. No money down and I got a great price (appx $24k)! I love the sound & the fury of these things!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,053 Posts
sinner: Post your Bullitt # so we can get it on the registry with all the other Bullitthead's Bullitts at "The Registry".

(And go to your profile and put in where ya all are from so we can see where you're at)! :smile:

Vicki

1 - 9 of 9 Posts