Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, that right Jimmy Ray is sore..... This weekend I went to another GM type auto club sponsered car show. It was for charity, so being the wonderful human being that I am, I went. I didn't learn from the last time (2nd time this year). I have now realized that the GM boy's don't share my love of all cool cars.
It will be the last time I sit at show where the club sponsering the show don't judge the cars. But lets the participates pick the top 25. For one thing that is the lazy way out. Second when a primered Chevelle takes a top 25 over a fully restored Mach1 mustang with a $5000.00 paint job. I think any Ford or Mopar owner is screwed.
So I don't care if it is a worthy cause. I don't have to spend my money, they can get some other poor ford owner to wast his time going to a GM show. But I will tell, all my ford buds what the real deal is. And try to steer them away from shows that cater GM products.
And the next time one Of the GM boy's Hey Jimmy Ray why don't you support our club? Well they'll get a ear full.
Oh by the way. My Club, Mustang Club of Tidewater, Judges each car, spends quality time on each entered car. And gave $1000.00 to Childrens Miracle Network and F150 load of Canned food to the Food bank from our last show.
Am I wrong about what I'm feeling?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jimmy Ray, your feelings are normal and if you are serious about judging, make sure to check out how the participants are jusged! Either judges do it or the public selects their favorite(s). Those shows where the public judges the cars are no place for a serious participant. I have a mint all original 1969 Fairlane 500, 351W with a factory 4 speed Hurst. The car is charcoal green with 4 doors. Looks like an old man's car, but hauls a%$. It never used to place in a public judged show, but let trained judges see it and it places 1st or 2nd all the time. Typically the public goes for flash, chrome and lots of mods.

Hang in there and just accept the fact that when the public judges your car.......they will never appreciate the true qualities of the non-moded car.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jimmy,

Stop at the corner store on the way home, pick up some Coors Light, crack one open, and forget about those Chevy guys.

Don't you feel better?

Eric

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sch,
I would love to check out your fairlane....I had a 70 Fairlane that took care of me for 3 years, Got me and my family though a 20 inch snow storm on stone Mt in WVA when all that could was 4 wheel drives.
Your right no more non- judged shows for Jimmy Ray.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jimmy Ray,

I'm going ot be in Virginia next week 17th to 23rd. I will be in Vienna outside of D.C. I won't have my car bu I would be interested in hooking up with fellow bullitheads for a drink or dinner. Do you think it would be possible to rally some people?

Just a thought,

Eric

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric,
I'm way down in Virginia Beach, and I'll be working the NAS Oecana Airshow. that week/weekend. But there are numerous other Bullittheads in this part of the country like MUS408. Post it on another thread and it so you can get some responces. Meeting fellow Bullittheads is a Hoot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jimmy Ray,
The first show I put my Bullitt in was a Chevy show at a Chevey dealer, I had my doubts with all the Bow-Ties but the judges were all volunteers including myself and fellow mustang club members, local hot rod club, and Corvette club.
DHG#3771 won its class and tied for best of show. I was so suprised being a Chevy event but the look at who the judges were. This is the only fair way to do the judging.
The trick is find out who is judging before you pay your entry fee.
Im going to have a cold one.
Good luck on the next show.

GO NAVY

Al

DHG #3771

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merlin on 2001-09-10 22:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-10 19:44, BULLITT00208 wrote:
Jimmy Ray,

I'm going ot be in Virginia next week 17th to 23rd. I will be in Vienna outside of D.C. I won't have my car bu I would be interested in hooking up with fellow bullitheads for a drink or dinner. Do you think it would be possible to rally some people?

Just a thought,

Eric
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Eric, I live in Arlington just outside of Vienna. Let me know you're itinerary when you get here and we can meet one night.

·
Registered
111 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-11 09:01, CoolerKing wrote:
Eric, I live in Arlington just outside of Vienna. Let me know you're itinerary when you get here and we can meet one night.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Depending on my schedule next week, I might be able to join you as well. Let me know.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts