Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chicago Olympic committee has decided that they want to build their equestrian village in the middle of Lakewood Forest Preserve, one of the largest, most pristine forest preserves in Lake County, IL. The fact that endangered species live and migrate through the preserve seems to have been lost on the Olympic organizers. There are very few places left in Northern Illinois left where development hasn't yet encroached upon prarie, savanah, or forested lands. And the fact that the proposed development would edge up to Barnswallow (the raptor rehab where I volunteer and where Lancelot lives) has me very upset. I'm asking anyone who believes that taxpayer owned forest preserve land should not be subject to commercial development to please sign the petition below. I'm also including a link to Barnswallow so you can see our handsome and fierce Lancelot and a few of his friends. There are currently 23 owls, hawks, and falcons residing at Barnswallow. Most of the raptors that come in to Barnswallow have injuries that are a direct result of loss of habitat and/or human interference with natural habitat. The proposed development of Lakewood will most certainly add to the displacement of many more wild things. Thanks for your help.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/vtrs4prs/petition.html

www.barnswallow.net

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
done

·
Car Whisperer
20,777 Posts
Done

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Please, everyone help with signing. My wife and I have been to Barnswallow and it is a labor of love and a wonderful place for these animals. Charlie does much work there and it is very important to him. We are pulling for you Charlie, best of luck with this.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Great cause Charlie! I signed this and will be passing it on to friends and family.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I signed as well. We have some owls living in the trees behind me and I love the sound and their majestic presence.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I also sent this to others Charlie. Say hi to Punk

·
Registered
967 Posts
Done.
R/T.J.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts