Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive talked to BigBullitt briefly about his shifter in his bullitt,and I want a hurst shifter for 1759.Has anybody got ideas as to what model may be best for me?I dont want a rattle box and from what ive read in some forums the hurst is the quietest of the bunch.Any help choosing a specific model and your opinions would be appreciated as your review.Some things i take into consideration is the mechanical feel,the vibration/noise factor,and reliability .Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
any aftermarket shifter will make more noise than stock. I just used the stock isolator between the handle and shifter and it made so much difference. I don't remember which one I have, but at the time it was the only one built for the 3650. Is there more than one? It is a little quieter than the tri-ax, but not too much. I think I got mine from mr. gasket.

edit: I got the shifter from Jegs, got the arm and t-handle from mr. gasket...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Don't know about the Hurst one. There are a few guys that have Hurst though and hopefully they will chime in here.
I will give you this just from my experience:

I had a Tri-ax on mine for a long time with the 3650. I just installed a Pro 5.0 with the new T56 and I really like it better than the Tri-ax. I really believe the noise comes from the transmission anyway and I noticed on the first drive with the T56 that it was so much quieter than the stock 3650.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm glad you posted the ShifterBob link...

Here's my take:

In 3687, I have a Pro5.0 and LOVE it. I've got the Hurst stalk and a T-Handle. I love the feel, with this setup, it's got the notching feeling of a short throw and a little smoother feeling like the stock. It's had a Steeda handle and the Bullitt ball and I really liked it.

In my fiance's 01 GT with a 3650, she's got the Steeda Tri-Ax and a Steeda Stick with the Bullitt ball. As wierd as it sounds, the Steeda is actually the quieter of the two. I love it too, but given the two, I'd take my setup

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
I have a Triax, which is noisy, but shifts nice and I have a Hurst stick on it iwht the classic white shift knob. the Hurst stick makes the throws and how I reach the stick a lot nicer.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I had the tri-ax in my Bullitt and liked it, made very little noise in my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts