Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not real bad. Maybe it'll go at 50K miles or so. Anyway, I've only managed to put 800 miles on 2095 in two months. I live too close to my office.

When I upshift clean and quick (I generally try to shift as smoothly as possible and don't often hammer it) there's this wierd buzz sound that lasts just an instant. It's only on upshifts from 1-2 or 2-3. So, I figure, that's just when the bearing pressure is released and is picked back up.

I wonder if there's a minor lube problem. I guess I'd also ask anybody that might know if a rear main seal leak might ever be associated with throwout noise. Not that I suspect such a leak, but my 5.0s always had leaky rear mains, and throwout trouble.

I figure it comes with the territory (of 'stangdom) and I'm not going to let a dealer wreck it with a teardown. I'll just use it 'till it's used up and then do the real fix.

I've got a friend who's the service manager at a large dealership within driving range. He told me to get the ESP and he'd always be able to take care of me. And he has with all my other Fords, sometimes very well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The throwout bearing is self-lubed and it can not be lubricated, but throwout bearing rides on the fingers of the clutch pressure plate and that might need to be lubed lightly but to do that you may have to go through the clutch fork area if there is enough room if no room, remove the transmission and lube the clutch fingers. That's the only thing I could think of at this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts