Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Bullittheads.

Ok I think we need a registry for all us IMBOC members who are the proud parents of children serving in uniform.

For those not familiar with the Blue Star Flag – the history dates back to the First World War when households displayed Blue Star flags in their windows to signify their support of their loved ones serving far from home in the Armed Forces of the United States of America.

I guess we can’t talk about Blue Star Parents without talking about Gold Star Parents. Gold Stars are for the households of fallen warriors who have made the commitment to remembering their loved one who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our freedoms. I hope & pray that we nobody here loses a loved one but in these uncertain times there is always that possibility.

Anyway as a parent of two children serving in uniform I’d like this to be more than just a registry but rather an ongoing thread that I hope other members will feel welcome to discuss and share with one another. Kind of a support group for Bullittheads with kids in the military.

Moreover I’d like to open this up to our brethren Bullittheads of children in uniform of the nations of our friends & allies in this time of conflict.

So I’ll start.

1) Amy 31 & my Son in-law are both in the Airforce.

Amy is a Russian linguist who served 10 years before going into the reserves. Her husband Jonathan is currently on active duty working on his commission to become an officer.

2) Craig 21 – left for Navy Boot Camp on December 1st, 2008.

God bless,
Bret
USMC 77-81

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm in also here. (Two Blue Star's)

Son Joseph, ARMY SSGT, currently serving in Africa. Did 2 tour's in Iraq.
Son Steven, ARMY PFC, currently enroute to Afghanistan.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok this is just a Bump!

I find it hard to believe that there aren't more Bullittheads with kids in the military? Come on folks lets chime in & support for our children in uniform?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
My step son, 21ys old, is in the Airforce. Been to Afghanistan now on a C130 transport.

Miss him a lot.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
whoever is in the military, thanx for doing what you do and protecting us and our country!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts