Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a BULLITT owner for almost a year now and really enjoyed the cameraderie and helpful info I've learned visiting this site.

I really enjoyed our February tour to the Peterson Museum and getting the chance to spend time with many of the regular posters on this site.

I've been looking for a way to say thank you, and I think I've just come up with a great way to do just that.

At the event SoCal_Timmay!!! took a great wide format picture of all the Bullitts parked on the roof of the Petersen Auto Museum. I spent a few hours with his picture and PaintShop Pro, and was able to create what I think is a pretty cool poster to commemorate the event. (Reduced size verison of the photo is at the bottom of this post).

My "mods" to the original picture removed some of the non-Bullitt "distractions" in the original photo. To those that had their rides removed I hope you understand I mean no disrepect, I just wanted to keep the poster "BULLITTS ONLY". So all that remains in the picture is a long row of beautiful BULLITTS!

I'd like to also give a special thanks to B-man for granting permission for me to "paint" the IMBOC logo on the wall of the museum for the poster.

In a previous life I worked for reprographics company and was able to get us a good quote on reproducing the picture as a 6.5" tall by 46" wide color poster.

I can get posters printed, buy a shipping tube, and pay the postage to mail them for about $20. (If everything works out as I expect it to I may come out a few bucks ahead. If I do, the balance will be donated to IMBOC).

Right now I need a count of how many people want to order a poster @ $20 so I can place the order with the printer. Once I get a count I'll order the posters and figure out how to collect your payments.

If you are interested you can reply to this post, send me a PM, or email me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
510 Posts
WOW! Very Impressive! I'd like 2 please! (one for the home...one for the work) :smile:
I hope you get enough orders to go through with this! (if not...am I still able to get a couple?) Teri

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Nice job, I'd be interested in one. Thanks! carey

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already something I didn't think of, somebody wanting 2 posters!

Since I'll only need one shipping tube and no extra postage I'll cut the cost on additional posters in the same shipment to $15.

Thanks Bullitt Babe!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks BC and Bullitt Babe! I will email both of you with the order details.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the compliments on the picture. Looking back on it, I only wish I would have been more centered, instead of off to the left, but I guess I didn't realize how wide of picture it would end up being (not to mention I never thought it would end up being a poster).

Mark (OYHBYNGB) and I have been sending e-mails and test pictures back and forth now for several weeks now. It's quite amazing the number of changes that we've gone through since the "original" picture. I really have to give a lot of credit to Mark for all the work he did on the picture. The original is a HUGE picture, so removing objects is no easy task. Trust me, I did the easy part in just taking the pictures. :smile:

Anyway, incase of you were wondering how the shot came to be, it is actually a combination of 8 "regular" photos I took on my digital camera using the highest setting I had, and using the panoramic mode (I have a Canon S230). BTW, each of the 8 photos is 2048x1536 pixels, so that's why the panoramic picture is so large. Using a stitching program I have, I then did some tweaking with different mergers in the pictures, and I was finally able to come up the final picture that I sent to Mark.

Below is the original panoramic picture I sent to Mark consisting of the 8 merged photos (shrunken of course). This is slightly different than the one I orginally posted:

Versus the "final", much cleaner, and tighter, picture put together by Mark:

I just had to post this next one, mainly b/c I find it funny how technology can play tricks on us. This is one of the many revisions. Nothing looks to odd in this picture, right?

Look closer now, in the upper left corner, where there seems to be mysterious car doors appearing from nowhere: :smile:

I really hope all of you enjoy the poster. I had a great time that day, and I believe this poster is a great way to display to others how tight of a community we Bullitt owners are, and how lucky we are to have such cool, classic cars.

Thanks again,
Tim

Mods: DeepDish BLK Wheel Replicas, F1 GSD3's (275/40 Front, 315/35 Rear), Tri-ax, K&N.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoCal_Timmay!!! on 2005-03-05 18:32 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Sure, put me down for one! I wasn't there, but I sure do like posters of Bullitts! Is there a way that we could get the Bullitt #'s and owner's names in the picture? I would like to put that on the back of the poster, or behind the pic, when in the frame...just a thought.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Mark: Put me down for one..Let me know since I live local where to pick it up..If not, let me know where to send the check..Thanks...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-03-05 11:31, droopysbullitt wrote:
With that kind of turnout, I expect you all will be in San Fran in 06!!!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You can count on it Greg!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mustang Markus,

Tim and I considered putting the Bullitt numbers under each photo, but the cars are parked different distances from each other and all those numbers would have been a little distracting (particularly on the right side of the poster where the cars are close together).

In the end we decided "BULLITTS ONLY" was the way to go...

Right now I've got my plate full dealing with the orders (as Phil on 'The Amazing Race" would say, "Mustang Markus, You're Order # 10).

If you are anyone would like to start a seperate thread and gather the Bullitt numbers I can create a nice companion sheet with the numbers and IMBOC screen names too. I'd be happy to include it with the posters if you like (I have a really nice color laser printer at my day job, so it will be easy to do if I have the info).

Regards,
OYHBYNGB

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
*replied via email*

As long as you aren't saying "You've been eliminated from the race..." I am cool with that! :smile:

I am so addicted to that show! Cannot wait for Big Brother to start up again. Survivor, Big Bro, and Amazing Race...Let's you know what my vcr is doing when I am at work!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mark --
Teri (Bullitt_Babe) got me thinking... put me down for 2 posters!
Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Michael,

It's a bit difficult to provide proofs from a few hundred or some in cases a few thousand miles away. But I understand your concern about the quality of the picture.

If anyone that attended the event would like to see how much detail I have on your car, tell me which one is yours by looking at the small version I included on the original post. I can clip that portion of the poster and send it to you at full resolution.

(The final photo is 9300 pixels wide which is way to big a file for email)

The detail is good enough on "Have Bullitt Will Travel" that I can see the diamond shaped warning signs in your right rear window, but can't read what they say.

Hope this helps. Please PM or email me at [email protected] if you have any other suggestions.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts