Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this great idea...

I think maybe we should start making hats for IMBOC...

Here is my idea. I think the top portion of the hat should be black, and then use silver stitching on the front to just put "IMBOC" on the front, and then put "EST. 2001" on the back where the hat size adjusts. Then use the bill to express your favorite color, the bill of the hat could be black, true blue or dark highland green type colors...

What do you think?

What would you pay for one?

Any ideas who could do it and how much it would cost?

I know official MLB caps run up to $35 each...I would pay $30 for an IMBOC hat...and I dont even own a Bullitt, I am just obsessed with them!!!

Jared

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
This idea would have to be run by B-man before anything could be done as he owns IMBOC™.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I think its a good idea, but as Dee said it would have to be run by Mike. But im sure he'll see this thread and stop by.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Can I get a hat that holds 2 beers and has the valved straw/downspout?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5111 said:
This idea would have to be run by B-man before anything could be done as he owns IMBOC™.
pm sent to BMAN earlier today...

Do you guys like the idea? I was thinking it could get a little expensive by changing the color of the bill between black, blue and green, but I really think they would look hot...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Fitted's > adjustable hats. Thats just my opinion, plus I'm sure the adjustable hats are way cheaper.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I'll take a look at some current prices. Everytime I have priced (decent) hats, the initial cost has been too expensive. No promises.. but I'll check.

7,020 Posts
hats can do !

B-Man, I can get OTTO one size fits most 27-210 15% wool 85% acrylic

embroider with imboc for $7.50 basic one color BK TB DHG
not sure about all those different colors combos

we have a hat vendor who supplies hats for the Marine Corps Exchange.

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
when i had looked into doing this about 3 years ago with "flexfit" hats...the biggest expense was the initial setup cost for digitizing the logo...if we can get past that then the hats would be in the 25 dollar range...this was for black, green, or blue "flexfit" hats in any size...but i'll tell you it's not easy to find someone willing to do the logo for less than 150 bucks...then finding someone to do it with the copyright violations might be hard to find now too...

personally this would be the only way i'd be interested in a hat as it's pretty much the only kind of hat i wear...i would not care much for a hat with a solid color on the top and a different color bill...too NASCAR looking imho

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so are you suggesting an all black, all blue, all green type deal? I am just trying to figure out the best way to be uniform, yet let those that have the different colors or like the different colors express their own taste...

I would buy a dark green hat for $25.

What do you think about the "EST. 2001" on the back of the hats in silver also?

I wish I could draw...I would post up what I am thinking...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I think I would like something tastefully done with Dark Green, Black or even Blue (colors in that order of preference) for an IMBOC hat. And $25 is not out of line for a good hat. I just would not want some limp rag that some cyclist :eek: :eek: :eek: (thinking ten speeders here, not motorcycle) would wear.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
:lol:....bump

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
dg517 said:
:lol:....bump
But i do like the hat ideal....my 2 cents:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is my nasty artwork...
nevermind it says it is to big to post

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Have BULLITT will travel said:
B-Man, I can get OTTO one size fits most 27-210 15% wool 85% acrylic

embroider with imboc for $7.50 basic one color BK TB DHG
not sure about all those different colors combos

we have a hat vendor who supplies hats for the Marine Corps Exchange.

on your six ... DHG 1005
Does that include the initial logo/design setup fee? Everyone I talked to a year ago wanted an initial setup charge of $200 - 300 for the logo digitization.. then the individual units weren't too pricey.

The IMBOC has to be the IMBOC font or logo (for trademark protection purposes.)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I like the idea. I would buy a hat.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts