Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any chance of disabling this auto feature. It is really getting annoying to see all these irrelevent threads poppong up constantly. We have a great site, crew, members, who all post regularly, so I do not see the need for an automatically generated thread, everytime a key word trigger's it, in some outdated or meaningless subject.

Just my opinion. But it is a PAIN to have to sort through pages of new posts, just to find something we care about.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
I've been reading some of them. Some have been pretty interesting. To me at least.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
Check out the sticky post in the newsbot forum:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130581

Explains everything you need to know about disabling it from the "latest posts."

Plus, the Ford Racing RSS feed is catching up.. it will be quieter soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
They usually beat the magazines with the news, and most of the time it's better to read the initial article instead of the "filtered" article in the a magazine or newspaper. Not that these News Bot links aren't slanted, they just seem a little more authentic that what comes after it's been written, read and rewritten by some local hack. And like I said, they are more up to date...FR not withstanding.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
Ol'Dave said:
any chance of disabling this auto feature. It is really getting annoying to see all these irrelevent threads poppong up constantly. We have a great site, crew, members, who all post regularly, so I do not see the need for an automatically generated thread, everytime a key word trigger's it, in some outdated or meaningless subject.
Not sure what you mean by that part. Its news fed from Ford, Stangnet, Autoweek, etc. What do you mean by "Key Word Triggers"?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
rblack4405 said:
where are the squares
Mike (B-Man) hid them, and Dennis (dg517) has a personal supply in his back pocket. He doesn't share well...:shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
I like the newsbot, the latest crap from FR excepted.

Read it regularly m'self, and I konw there are several others that do too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THnaks for the link Mike. The Ignore thingy didn't work. That did it for me. Maybe when it gets caught up to date, I'll re check in with it. But for me, now anyway, Old Nascar news, just isn't.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
Ol'Dave said:
The Ignore thingy didn't work. That did it for me.
I'm confused, its not working at all? When you do "All New Posts" under the New Posts menu item, the Extra Extra stuff still shows up?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
B-Man said:
I'm confused, its not working at all? When you do "All New Posts" under the New Posts menu item, the Extra Extra stuff still shows up?
Worst case, PM me and I can login as you and take a closer look to see why the ignore isn't working.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,101 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Mike (B-Man) hid them, and Dennis (dg517) has a personal supply in his back pocket. He doesn't share well...:shock:


Yeah.....an i'm saving all them RED squares for just the right time too :lol:......i like the NEWSBOT thread....but...thats just me :smile:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top