Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1790 is currently at the shop having Mac long tube headers and a high flow h-pipe installed. They have run into a problem fitting the 2 1/2" ball of the Mac h-pipe into the 2 1/4 cone of the stock cat-back. The solution we have chosen is to weld new 2 1/2" flow tubes to the stock mufflers. Make sure if you are putting just the h-pipe on your car that you get the 2 1/4". I had no choice because of the long tubes, and didn't think far enough ahead to forsee the problem at the mufflers. Just a heads up.

Brad

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mus408,

I wonder if the ball and cone size is different for the long tube h-pipe vs. the short tube? All I can tell you is that mine won't fit.

Brad

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
It could be. Who knows with these new Mustangs! By any chance you know what size metric bolts you use with the crank pulley puller? These are the three tapped holes in the face of the pulley.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I just put my 2.5" highflow pipe on with stock catback and manifold and it fit the catback with no problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dennis,

I'm pretty sure the h-pipe for the long tube headers is different. Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for you. The sound is awesome, huh? Oh, and I sympathize with you on the smell! PeeYew!

Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts