Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missed the Ocala show because of it..

Haven't seen the Bullitt in weeks..

Heading up the eye-95 about a month ago, gravel truck chucked stuff at me. I know the windshield is chipped, cause it's right in front of my eyes. I do not know what the front end looks like cause I drove it into storage and locked it up without looking..

I'm almost ready to go assess the damage..

Well, maybe next week..

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Dear Mr. Poodle,

I think we both know that the time has come to face and confront your demons. Your recovery cannot begin and the funk will stick until you discover exactly what it is you're up against. In addition, up to this point you have been concerned only about yourself. What about your bullitt, how do you think it feels? ABANDONED comes to mind.....poor thing. Now go visit your bullitt, today. We'll be with you every step of the way.

:lol:

But seriously, that STINKS!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tell your insurance company that you'll only accept an OEM windshield. Hopefully , the paint is okay.

Gravel trucks are the absolute mfs of the highways- overloaded, tarps that don't fully cover the load , etc. , etc.

The wife's new Accord caught gravel from one of these. She had the nerve to signal the driver over on the interstate ! ( she really knows me after 35 years )Got the company name , owner's name , D.L. ,and phone #. Some chips on the hood( light metallic blue of all colors), front bumperchips and a bullseye to the windshield. We reported it to our insurance and got all but the deductable. Our insurance chased these bastards for a year - sent it to collections- nana , zip. I called the company and the owner blew me off. Had him dead to rights ,too. Thought I'd go the small claims route- to file would've cost more than I lost . Twenty five years ago when I was full of **** and vinegar, I would've done something stupid in an attempt to get my pound of flesh. No more - just sucked up the deductable loss and moved on.

We all feel your pain. Good Luck !

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,849 Posts

Sorry about your windshield. But...get it fixed. Move on. Think of me. I have a whole left front fender to replace. It could be worse.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. As a professional drive it ticks me off when that happens. The truck I drive has had 3 Windshields put in it in the last 2 !/2 yrs. Next time call the Hwy patrol as you are going down the hwy behind him. Report that the truck is dropping rocks out of the back of the trailer and that it has caused damage to your car. They will consider it an unsecured load and the company will be libel for the damages. The driver will also get a ticket for it. If you wait until you get home to report it they will deny it ever happened and then it turns into your word against thiers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Let us not forget that about a month and a half ago a similar scenario occured with my B, with the exeption it was a uncovered bed filled with used roofing material. Total damage: scatched/ dented front bumper/ hood, windsheild and roof. I feel your pain, I didn't look for at least an hour and when I did...:mad:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL, Lynda your cracking me up.. I have to agree, the Buillitt is certainly aching to be taken out for a run, but in his climate controlled, well lit storage area surrounded by a few of his closest high hp friends, it's far from feeling abandoned :) :)

08, down here the only time FHP will come and do anything is if a piece of debris actually injures someone..

Steve and Wayne, guess I have been away from the board a bit, I didn't know about your cars. Sorry to hear they got tore up.

Monday I'll be at storage to check out my baby. Too cold here this weekend, don't want it to get frostbite :) :)

Thanks for the support :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
This winter is enough to put every Bullitthead in a funk! I haven't even sat in mine for weeks! When it isn't snowing here the roads are so salted the car will turn into a powdered donut in 2 blocks! The last time I did use her some pickup up kicked up a nice piece that hit my windshield I am sure there is a small divit somewhere, I feel your pain!

·
40,849 Posts
Madpoodle said:
LOL, Lynda your cracking me up.. I have to agree, the Buillitt is certainly aching to be taken out for a run, but in his climate controlled, well lit storage area surrounded by a few of his closest high hp friends, it's far from feeling abandoned :) :)

08, down here the only time FHP will come and do anything is if a piece of debris actually injures someone..

Steve and Wayne, guess I have been away from the board a bit, I didn't know about your cars. Sorry to hear they got tore up.

Monday I'll be at storage to check out my baby. Too cold here this weekend, don't want it to get frostbite :) :)

Thanks for the support :)
It's a gut-wrenching thing when damage occurs to our Bullitts, for sure. It just proves that NONE of us are even close to Mr. McQueen, who punched a dent in his movie car and didn't even flinch! :lol:

·
40,849 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I missed this. What happened??
Well, I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it, and was keeping it low key, but now that it's out, what the heck. Bottom line, I screwed up. Bank trip, yellow pole, misjudged (forgot the flared fenders pulling up the the ATM) and dent. No filler for me. I'm going new fender all the way. I was upset, but when it's done no one will ever know it was ever dented. Go ahead, kick me, Charles... you know you want to. :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Jim--Here I go again. Now that your story is out there...well I did the same dam thing in my wifes Expedition last year. Came out of the atm lane a little to tight, next thing you know I've got a 1 inch yellow mark from the back passenger door to the rear fender. I didn't realize I had hit it (thought someone elses car was making a racket) and by the time I realized what I had done I will in it all the way. Good part, it was the wifes. Bad part, it was the wifes and its a white Expedition with a yellow racing stripe :lol:

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
Wbihm225 said:
Jim--Here I go again. Now that your story is out there...well I did the same dam thing in my wifes Expedition last year. Came out of the atm lane a little to tight, next thing you know I've got a 1 inch yellow mark from the back passenger door to the rear fender. I didn't realize I had hit it (thought someone elses car was making a racket) and by the time I realized what I had done I will in it all the way. Good part, it was the wifes. Bad part, it was the wifes and its a white Expedition with a yellow racing stripe :lol:
Did you go home immediately and ask her how she scraped her car and why she didn't tell you??? :badgrin:

·
Registered
419 Posts
LOL-- Instead I got the hairy eyeball as she tried to figure out if I was pulling her leg or not. Let's just say I couldn't call her out on anything for at least 6 months...thank god that window has closed :lol:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, went to assess the damage....

Car started right up last week, just like I had only parked it the night before.. Idles a tad high for a moment, then settled down into it's usual comforting burble.. Rolled it out, headed up the local expressway to the office, hit the first of my favorite entrance ramps (3/4 mile LH sweeper) and found a S2000 that wanted to play. We had a grand old time for the next 15 or twenty miles before I had to get off :) :)

I instantly remembered why I love this car so much. WHat a hoot to drive!

I think the windshield will actually polish out...

And the front bumper did!!

He got a fresh coat of wax today, currently basking in the sunshine waiting for another run up the expressway, or maybe I'll go autocross it tomorrow..

Sorry to hear about your fender man. I'm with ya on the new one if it has a dent..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Soooooooooo, Scott. You WILL be at Fantasy of Flight, RIGHT!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.