Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member, (non-owner as of now), longtime fan of the original Bullitt car. A friend turned me on to the 08-09 models and I’ve been hooked.

Looking for some “market analysis“ advice on purchasing an under 35,000 mile stock DHG Bullitt. I’m currently tracking 14 DHG Bullitts with 55,500 miles and under on the market right now (and 3 Black models). Ideally I’m looking for stock models with 35,000 miles or less but I realize that narrows my field of choice. I see listings in my main target area with prices ranging from $36,900 for a 16,000 mile mostly stock 08 Bullitt to $27,000 for a 30,500 mile Bullitt. I’m keeping track of sales on a spread sheet, obviously I know most cars won’t be sold at listed prices, but it’s hard to gauge the market. I’ve made one offer already, but couldn’t quite agree on the price. I have three offers I’m contemplating this week. I’ve noticed several past sales on this forum and the prices seem much more reasonable. Of course eliminating a dealer is probably the reason for that.

That being said, if anyone on the forum is thinking of selling a DHG, preferably under 35,000 miles or so, please let me know. (If you have a higher mileage Bullitt in great shape I’d listen as well).

I’m in no hurry to purchase, this wouldn’t be an everyday vehicle for me, it’s more of a “mid-life crisis” mobile :)).

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
443 Posts
you have probably have done this but i will post anyways.
a buddy and me are kicking the tires on buying a v6 car or a cheap v8 to make a daily driver / weekend race car. we have enough parts laying around to buy a clean body then build a killer low 10 second car. i regularly use searchtempest to scan craigslist ads cost to coast. i search by owner mustangs from 07-09 and use unlimited distance to narrow the search.
i THINK there is at least 1 low mile bullitt that pops up in this search. i think there are about 4 or 5 bullits in this search. i know there is a black salvage titled bullitt for around $8K. been listed for a long time..

·
Premium Member
16,421 Posts
Interesting use of a spreadheet. I hope "08 Bullitt Fan" keeps us posted on results. I made my 79th trip around the sun yesterday, but currently my under 35,000 miles '09 is not for sale. Doesn't hurt to track values though...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I trust that you are also keeping an eye on the Steve’s Car Lot tab of the forums.

I did similar spreadsheet tracking when I was searching for my 01 True Blue Bullitt.
I searched AutoTrader, Search Tempest/Craigslist, and various other car sales sites compiling any and all data I could get.
When it was all said and done, I was able to purchase an 8 year old Bullitt with 24K miles for a very fair price.

Good luck with your search. When you find the right car, you will know it and the price will make everything fall into place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member, (non-owner as of now), longtime fan of the original Bullitt car. A friend turned me on to the 08-09 models and I’ve been hooked.

Looking for some “market analysis“ advice on purchasing an under 35,000 mile stock DHG Bullitt. I’m currently tracking 14 DHG Bullitts with 55,500 miles and under on the market right now (and 3 Black models). Ideally I’m looking for stock models with 35,000 miles or less but I realize that narrows my field of choice. I see listings in my main target area with prices ranging from $36,900 for a 16,000 mile mostly stock 08 Bullitt to $27,000 for a 30,500 mile Bullitt. I’m keeping track of sales on a spread sheet, obviously I know most cars won’t be sold at listed prices, but it’s hard to gauge the market. I’ve made one offer already, but couldn’t quite agree on the price. I have three offers I’m contemplating this week. I’ve noticed several past sales on this forum and the prices seem much more reasonable. Of course eliminating a dealer is probably the reason for that.

That being said, if anyone on the forum is thinking of selling a DHG, preferably under 35,000 miles or so, please let me know. (If you have a higher mileage Bullitt in great shape I’d listen as well).

I’m in no hurry to purchase, this wouldn’t be an everyday vehicle for me, it’s more of a “mid-life crisis” mobile :)).

Thanks for your time!
Please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Officially an owner, just completed deal for DHG 869

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for your time!
I am disabled and can no longer drive an M/T vehicle. My '08 dhg roushcharged car shows like a car with less than 30k. It has 91k true hiway miles. Trips from cen fl. to cen pa.
3 - 4X a year add up the miles. The car is a joy. Im 3rd owner looking for a caretaker like me. Garage kept. It kills me to look at it sitting and not being used. My classic ins co values my car at $26k. I stumbled across your text here and thought Id make contact.
If you're interested, text me at 2158016933.
I'm in no rush to sell either. I'm looking for someone like myself to care for it.
The gentleman I bought it from named it, "Fenway". Because its the green monster...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts