Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I don't have any pics.
I was just speaking with a Ford dealer who has seen pictures of the 2010 mustang. He was at marketing meeting and they were shown what all the 2010 vehicles will look like.

He told me the Mustang looks a little more futuristic- somewhat along the lines of the new Camaro.
The front grill is different- a bit more open mouthed like the GT500. Headlights are still the same. GT fog lights are a bit closer together and seemed to hang down from the hood as opposed to being set into the grill.

Rear taillights are much more angled.
The C scoop is angled back towards the rear quarter panel more- by that I mean the verticle line is more angled backwards- so perhaps something like a 135 degree angle.
There are also "hips" on the rear quarters, so it's probably something like the Challenger in that regard.

He didn't have any info on powertrains or interior changes.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
1mach1 said:
Not a fan of "hips".
He must actually mean 'shoulders'. It's the rise upward just behind the doors as in the early Mustangs. Not a spreading outward of the rear quarter panels over the wheels.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I call them hips- because they are at the rear. Shoulders would be on the front quarter panels. At least that's how it works in my world.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
My 2 cents worth...

Whammer said:
Sorry I don't have any pics.
I was just speaking with a Ford dealer who has seen pictures of the 2010 mustang. He was at marketing meeting and they were shown what all the 2010 vehicles will look like.

He told me the Mustang looks a little more futuristic- somewhat along the lines of the new Camaro.
The front grill is different- a bit more open mouthed like the GT500. Headlights are still the same. GT fog lights are a bit closer together and seemed to hang down from the hood as opposed to being set into the grill.

Rear taillights are much more angled.
The C scoop is angled back towards the rear quarter panel more- by that I mean the verticle line is more angled backwards- so perhaps something like a 135 degree angle.
There are also "hips" on the rear quarters, so it's probably something like the Challenger in that regard.

He didn't have any info on powertrains or interior changes.
My guess is that if they're keeping the '05 equals '65 mantra alive, then the '10s will mimic the '70 Stangs. Just a theory. :idea: "Flared" rear quarters is the term, I think.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I know is all sites reference the 2010 mustang as having hips, likewise the Challenger is said to have hips.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
on Mustang source they are. I've also read description of the Challenger from Chrysler as having 'shoulders', and in Mustang books describing the design of early Mustangs quoting designers as giving the car 'shoulders' referring to that feature. It is a shoulder like a detail below it is a 'belt line'

'Hips' may be used on some discussion boards but I think you'll find it is not correct terminology for that feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts