Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious!Over the years I haved owned alot of performance cars.I almost always have chosen the conservative but muscular understated look;as an example I have owned alot of 1979 to 1973 Firebird Formula 400 and 455,I liked them better as compared to the Trans Am because of there less LOOK AT ME appearance and as an added bonus they were also faster because they were lighter.I also preffered LX 5.0 to the GT for the same reason.How about you all?Thanx

·
Registered
835 Posts
I never considered understated appearance when choosing the Bullitt.

I went for the performance mods, engine, suspension, and braking. Tie-in with the movie and limited production. DHG and semi-retro look.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What sold me on the Bullitt, besides the fact that it's a great car, is this was the only way to find a V-8 Mustang without a tacky rear wing. Plus, dark green is my favorite color!

·
Registered
6 Posts
we think along the same lines.i also appreciate the more subtle looks of the bullitt.i also did own a 76,78 firebird formula as well as the 99 ls1 formula i traded in for the bullitt.i went for the looks, as well as the mods over the gt/cobra

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love cars that perform well and look graceful doing it. We bought our Bullitt because it accelerates like a dragster, handles like a BMW, and looks like it dosen't have to prove a thing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Bullitt is my first performance car (I only had to wait 25 years :grin: ) I definitely chose it for the understated looks as well as performance. I am not into flashy paint jobs or other "look at me" options. That's why I love my Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I traded in a Saleen for my Bullitt...what do you suppose that means?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Goes like this. Pulled into Hot Dog Heaven (Orlando) last Thursday. A young lady behind the counter said to me "Can I ask you a question?" (Already knew what she wanted to ask) Question: "Is that a Bullitt?" She had only read about them.

She then asked me if she could take it for a drive. I told her "no way", my wife laughed and then the two of us got into a discussion about Mustangs, she has a 2001 HT.

Its nice to see that there are ladies out there who know their cars and how they perform. She was thrilled to hear how the Bullit performs.

She wanted to know why I decided on the Bullitt vs GT vs Cobra. Answer was simple, because the car is nostalgia to earlier days with high performance vehicles that had simple but mean looks even when standing still.

I'm sure the next time we visit this stand, she'll have even more questions. Who knows, may be I'll at least give her a ride in the car, with my wife's approval. :-B

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was originally looking for a Lightning when I came across the Bullitt. It was sitting with a few GT's and Cobras. Well you all know what I ended up with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also loved the sleeper aspect of the Bullitt. I was content to go through life with my sleeper looking 1995 Mustang GTS (less than 5000 built as a 1995 model year only) when I saw the add in MT last December.

DHG #294

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I saw "Bullitt" at the theater when I was a teenager. The DVD was one of the 1st I bought when I purchased a DVD player. I showed my kids and all their friends the greatest car chase scene ever filmed. When I first read about Ford possibly producing the car, I was sold from just the pictures. Plus I'm still a Steve Mcqueen fan so I had to have one. I bought it sight unseen and it's a damn great vehicle for the money.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had this 67 fastback in high school

Need I say more

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love the total package, looks performance and the Bullitt theme. I chose the Bullitt over a Saleen and a Cobra. I also own a 92 GT that I`ve moderatly modified myself. WixBullitt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts