Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to Home Depot this morning around 7:30AM. While stopped at a red light a black Chevy Blazer pulled up beside me. I looked over at the driver and he was probably 17 or so, when he revved his engine. I thought he can't be serious. Surely he was just playing. Well the light turned green and he took off like a bat out of hell. When I gained my senses I floored it and caught up to him by my shift to third. Just when I was getting ready to go to fourth I had to slow down to make my turn-in to Home Depot. I never did get a good look at his ride, but will be ready in the future for these wannabes. Just goes to show that you have to be ready.

[EDITED]
BTW, I did'nt mention in my original post that I had passed him while barely in third gear. Bet he was surprised. :grin: :grin:

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-11-13 17:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
235 Posts
THE NERVE! :smile:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Wrd. During the first week of break in, I had Ford Rangers, Chevy s-10s, and the likes of beaters harrassing me. I almost got a ticket one day when the Ranger was messing with me. I just revved once and popped the clutch, spun all through first and watched the smoke rise. A cop drove passed on the other side of the road. I was like 'whoa'.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think all these posers out there are harassing us on purpose...not because they have a chance, they are hoping a cop catches us in the act.

Cops can get you for "exhibition of speed" here in GA.

Our Bullitts already look like they are doing 100 standing still. :smile:

Scott D.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto here in Texas. Exhibition of acceleration will also garner a ticket. Guess we have to be extremely careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts