Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. what a difference in sound. the bullitt sounds even better. this is a perfect mod to make for our cars. it basically makes for an ever so slightly deeper and louder idle but when you give it some gas it sounds like a bullitt on steroids. this is by far the best sounding car i've ever owned or even heard. the installation went super easy and the mufflers and pipes look much better than stock. i know this isn't meant to be a performance advantage-but the car even feels like its pulling a bit better. thanks to our forum pal 96lasersnake for the great sale. these things came to me for a great price, were boxed and packaged perfectly and i can not believe him when he tells me they were ever even installed. i really do not understand how a perfect car can keep getting better, but my bullitt does!

i strongly recommend picking up a set of these mufflers to any undecided bullitthead. between the factory fit and finish, the awesome sound and the way that it compliments and even enhances the nice popping you get from the stock bullitt h pipe; you can't go wrong.

c

·
Registered
825 Posts
Another satisfied customer! lol Glad your happy with the great sound these Bullitt's put out with an aftermarket axle back. Love mine too. Should be first on everyone's mod list. Tuner 2nd. Happy Motoring Craig!:-B :-B :-B

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
cgaulzetti said:
wow. what a difference in sound. the bullitt sounds even better. this is a perfect mod to make for our cars. it basically makes for an ever so slightly deeper and louder idle but when you give it some gas it sounds like a bullitt on steroids. this is by far the best sounding car i've ever owned or even heard. the installation went super easy and the mufflers and pipes look much better than stock. i know this isn't meant to be a performance advantage-but the car even feels like its pulling a bit better. thanks to our forum pal 96lasersnake for the great sale. these things came to me for a great price, were boxed and packaged perfectly and i can not believe him when he tells me they were ever even installed. i really do not understand how a perfect car can keep getting better, but my bullitt does!

i strongly recommend picking up a set of these mufflers to any undecided bullitthead. between the factory fit and finish, the awesome sound and the way that it compliments and even enhances the nice popping you get from the stock bullitt h pipe; you can't go wrong.

c
cgaulzetti<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1968756", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "Craig"

It Sounds :smile: like you are a Very Satisified Bullitt Modding Owner :cool:

Congrats on the New Additions ...........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Good mod there. Enjoy the ride, drive safe.

·
Registered
216 Posts
How do I get my hands on some of these?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
bullitt6019 said:
How do I get my hands on some of these?
Hi Ric,

Right here and I have purchased from them many things and they ship Quick .........

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013360

Blue Oval Industries > 2005-2009 MUSTANG & SHELBY PARTS > Performance > Shelby 5.4L
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>2008 Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit

Manufacturer: Genuine Ford (#M-5230-S)
List Price: $699.99
Our Price: $539.95

Shipping: SHIPPING NOW -DON'T DELAY!!
Free Ground Shipping to 37064!
Change Shipping Location? <FORM action=/products.php method=get>Enter your zipcode to display estimated shipping charges.
<INPUT size=5 name=customerZip> <INPUT type=hidden value=99013360 name=pid> <INPUT class=button type=submit value="Set Zipcode >>"> </FORM>

<FORM id=addToCart action=https://secure.blueovalindustries.com/cart.php method=post>Quantity: <INPUT size=2 value=1 name=qty>
<INPUT type=hidden value=http://www.blueovalindustries.com/search.php?keyword=KR+mufflers name=refer> <INPUT type=hidden value=99013360 name=pid> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=siteID> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=grabcs> <INPUT id=addToCartButton type=image src="http://www.blueovalindustries.com/images/addtocart2.gif" name=addToCart>
</FORM>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Additional Product Information:

2008 Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit.
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TechNotesTableCell1 width="100%">Facts About Item:
-Brand New Genuine Ford
- This is the same axle back exhaust that comes on the new 2008 Shelby GT500KR
- Will fit any 2007-2009 Shelby GT500
- Give your Shelby that wake up call it deserves!
- 3 3/4" Chrome Rolled Tips
- You are getting a pair (both left and right exhaust)
- FREE SHIPPING TO THE 48 STATES
Click Here to hear a Clip of what the GT500KR sounds like

This is the inside of the Exhaust Tip. Only the KR Mufflers come like this!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I keep toying with the idea of getting these, but i have noticed that my stock mufflers have a nice gurgle to them now after about 14K. It is pretty loud when I get on it and not too loud when I need to be a bit stealthier.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BB2008 said:
I keep toying with the idea of getting these, but i have noticed that my stock mufflers have a nice gurgle to them now after about 14K. It is pretty loud when I get on it and not too loud when I need to be a bit stealthier.
Ken,

Just between Us here if you change from those stock units your Bullitt is going to be Louder.

If you like the way it sounds leave it alone and go for the V-3 Vortech and get something for your Money ........

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Ken,

Just between Us here if you change from those stock units your Bullitt is going to be Louder.

If you like the way it sounds leave it alone and go for the V-3 Vortech and get something for your Money ........

tigerhonaker

Terry, that sounds like good advice to me. :smile: They will cost about as much as the Brenspeed labor for the V3 install.

·
Registered
628 Posts
My stock tips look the exact same I am confused on what I should be looking at in the pic a few posts up. It would be interesting to see the Shelby and the Bullitt mufflers dissected to see what the difference is. I've also wondered from about the first day I had the car what it was going to be like to replace the mufflers should they ever go bad in say 10 years. I am afraid it may be a $1K or more to track down some Ford replacements instead of just sticking something else in there. Might not be a bad idea to get a set if you plan on keeping the car for a long time and driving it a lot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks Terry,
These may do the trick...Appreciate the information as always.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Craig,
how is the interior noise compared to Stock with your new Exhaust?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BB2008 said:
Terry, that sounds like good advice to me. :smile: They will cost about as much as the Brenspeed labor for the V3 install.
Ken,

True and also as I said if you like the Stock Sound than leave well enough alone.

Mufflers don't add Power (Usually) just a different sound and usually that is a Louder Sound (Usually).

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bullitt6019 said:
Craig,
how is the interior noise compared to Stock with your new Exhaust?
certainly louder but no real drone. it is alot louder at full throttle and higher in the rpm range, but unlike alot of "loud" exhausts it doesn't sound tinny or like a mickey mouse modification. to me, it sounds exactly how the bullitt should have sounded off the lot. just cruising along passengers don't even notice it. my wife has no idea I even made the mod, and I doubt she ever will.

the other thing is the way the mufflers look compared to stock. the round can compliments the pipes much better. like any mod, you quickly get used to it and forget what it was like before- but these mufflers made my car sound exactly how I wanted it to sound inside and out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered a set of FRPP Stingers for my stock 09.

Does anybody know if these GT500 KR mufflers are louder than the Stingers? I'm looking for louder with the same stock Bullitt tone but not obnoxious and with no drone or resonances. I also want to be able to hear that sweet exhaust sound with the windows up - the way the car will be for around 9 months a year with our awesome Seattle weather. The Stingers seem like a pretty popular choice with the stock set-up but too loud with long tube headers.

Also since the KRs were intended for the 5.4L Shelby do they have any installation issues on our cars?

·
Registered
778 Posts
bobk928 said:
I just ordered a set of FRPP Stingers for my stock 09.

Does anybody know if these GT500 KR mufflers are louder than the Stingers? I'm looking for louder with the same stock Bullitt tone but not obnoxious and with no drone or resonances. I also want to be able to hear that sweet exhaust sound with the windows up - the way the car will be for around 9 months a year with our awesome Seattle weather. The Stingers seem like a pretty popular choice with the stock set-up but too loud with long tube headers.

Also since the KRs were intended for the 5.4L Shelby do they have any installation issues on our cars?
These M-5230-S are louder than the stingers from what everyone says. So, the M-5230-S are louder than the M-5230-SGT and those are louder than the M-5230-5GT (Borla Stingers?). I think I have this right. (Note: some say the 5GT are louder than the SGT)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts