Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It uses the stock electronics, a new free flowing body, a big K&N filter, and a black cover to shield the filter. Took 1/2 hour to install.

Idle's smoother. Normal driving the motor is smoother. Under full throttle sounds and feels awesome. The throttle response is crisper. A definite seat of the pants improvement in power. If I had known what a difference it would make I would have put the C&L on the first day I got the car.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Which one did you install? Do you have the part number?

·
Registered
87 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-24 09:45, Rarecat wrote:
Which one did you install? Do you have the part number?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

their is only one available for the 99+ 4.6. i got mine from need-4-speed.com

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-24 09:26, bullittman615 wrote:
Idle's smoother. Normal driving the motor is smoother. Under full throttle sounds and feels awesome. The throttle response is crisper. A definite seat of the pants improvement in power. If I had known what a difference it would make I would have put the C&L on the first day I got the car.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

They state that there's roughly a 15 to 20 horsepower gain. Do you think you've gained that from the SOP?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Is that all you need, or would you also need a new custom chip too? I'm seriously considering this C&L pacakage...it sounds like a good investment!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was thinking about the densecharger, but after going to C&L's website and ready all the info, I may purchase the C&L instead. Yeah, a little more money, but a big difference in the HP gains.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would concur.. just put on the PROM87/WMS set up, and it is great.

I have one question. How long did it take after you reset your computer before it started running real good. Mine took about 80 miles. IT was doggy untill it learned the new curve, but then took off. I am woundering if it will even get better with a little more time.

Doug

PS I have a contact that can get MAF's real cheap if you guys are intersted in this modification.

Let me know and I will post his info if you are intersted.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Where in the RPM band is the 15-20 HP gain? Is it at peak power 4900-5000 RPM or past peak,where the power normaly falls fast due to running richer. The chip I installed showed gains like that past the peak power reading.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-09-24 16:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
208 Posts
Learo2000GT,
I am really considering this mod now, and you mentioned a cheaper price. Sounds good to me. My birthday is next month; shoud be an easy convince job on the wife. Also, noticed people resetting their computer after mods, how do you go about do this. I know it's simple, just not sure how.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Can someone who has installed a mass-air put their car on the dyno? It sounds like there is a SOTP improvement, but I would like to see some data that quantifies that.

Anybody game?

Eric

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't need an aftermarket chip with the new C&L. I left the battery neg. cable undone for about 1 12 hours. When I hooked the battery back up I just let it idle for about 10 min. with no accessories on. After that I turned the air conditioning on for another 10 min. This idleing time was to let the computer adjust the idle back to normal which it did in about 45 seconds. All the rest was just to make sure. Then I drove it around the block a few times (about 15 min.) Then took it out and blasted through the gears a few times. no problem then and ran great today. Idles better than it ever has.

Going to the dyno within about 3 weeks.

Thinking about the Vortech as the next install, then 3:73's if needed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman615 on 2001-09-25 08:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you guys do want to go the aftermarket meter route you can also have the DENSECHARGER comboed with the 87MM PRO-M with the current system, and the new 100MM system will bolt to the 80MM Cobra Bore PRO-M and the 87MM. PRO-M has a DENSECHARGER for calibration to their meters. Why not have a TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE, not a metal stove pipe, and the aftermarket meter? I have customers with these combos, I just don't want to carry the meters.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It sounds as though the C&L is superior to the densecharger from these post....Is that correct? Is C&L the way to go vs. densecharger?
Appreciate the info guys.
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2001-10-02 13:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was still trying to figure out which way to go, Densecharger or the C&L. I know the C&L is about $250 and the Densecharger is about $100, so is the C&L worth the extra $150 and about how much more gain, if any, do you get from the C&L. I want this to be my first mod, like most of you, but just wondering what's best.
Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll bring home the best most imformative article I found on the whole MAF meter systems. It's the August 2000 issue of Super Ford Magazine.
I want to post exact quotes but suffice it to say that there isn't anything to be gained going to a bigger meter unless you change the throttle body at the same time.
I'll post the exact quotes later today, Friday.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Jim, I have been running system #4 from day one of the owning the car. John says I can upgrade to system #5 for $45. That's pretty hard to say no to. John also said system #5 coupled with gears is a nice combo at high RPMs. I am going to do gears next year. Can you drop me a note and let me know how you like it? Thanks.

John

1 - 20 of 41 Posts