Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to install a cat-back without cutting the old exhaust off? If I can ever sell my 04GT and buy the bullitt I want I don't want to ruin any stock parts. If there isn't a way then the exhaust will stay stock.

Preston

·
Registered
107 Posts
Should be able to do it if you have a lift instead of having to do it in your driveway.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
It's doable with a lift as rib68 says. MRT replaced my stock h-pipe w/cats and exhausts with their flowmasters. No cutting was involved. I have the stock ones ready to be bolted back on should I need to do that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a lift. I had read somewhere that you can lower the rear axle down and slide the exhaust out. How complicated is that?

Preston

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
SmallTownStang said:
I don't have a lift. I had read somewhere that you can lower the rear axle down and slide the exhaust out. How complicated is that?

Preston
drop the quad shocks and rear shocks and u can get it low enough to do it...it isn't too bad and ive done it lying on my back before

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I have to undo both sides or just one? I figure if I can get one side undone, and lower the axle a little bit I could slide the exhaust off on that side.

Preston

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, now all i have to do is sell my GT and pick up the Bullitt. I already have them talked down in price, I just need the money!

Preston

·
Registered
494 Posts
You will have to do both sides as the driveshaft will be in te way. It doesnt take long at all.

Chad

·
Registered
967 Posts
i tried to do it with out cutting the exhaust while on jack stands. i couldnt get it. dropped the back as far as i could and couldnt get it so i cut it. if i decide to go back ill just have someone do it for me or if i learn to weld ill do it myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts