Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Bullitt thinking that the quote would be similar to a quote I got for a 1998 Camaro SS. No way.

I'm 30 yrs old, no tickets, and I'm getting quotes that range from $1200 to $1600 a year for 100/300.

Lesson learned, always get a quote before you buy a car!!!!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think it's the difference between the value of the 1998 (depreciation) and the 2001 that made the big difference there. And I agree, insurance is the bane of our existence.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
There is nothing in the VIN,that shows whether the car is a base GT or a Bullitt option GT. My rate was the same as a GT. $390.00 @ 6 months.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mus408

I don't think that the insurance company cares whether or not it's a Bullitt. They just have a higher rate for Mustang GT drivers period.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
When I went to get insurance at State Farm, I gave them the VIN, and they asked if it was a Bullitt. So some companies have rates for them.

I pay 68 bucks a month, 50/100

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm 32 with a flawless driving record and it's about $1,300.00 a year for me.

State farm.

I'm making them rich. I have 4 vehicles insured with them now.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Ask State Farm for quote as a Classic or Show car driving lest than 15,000 miles per year. Replacement value rider. I am paying 300.00 per year.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-10-16 20:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
112 Posts
must be nice 292 a month

·
Registered
287 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-16 20:14, mb4875 wrote:
Ask State Farm for quote as a Classic or Show car driving lest than 15,000 miles per year. Replacement value rider. I am paying 300.00 per year.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-10-16 20:15 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

My '67 is insured that way! :smile: $400.00 a year. :smile:

My '01 Bullitt is a Daily driver. Not sure how many miles a year I'm going to have on it.

Scott D.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-16 19:42, Mus408 wrote:
There is nothing in the VIN,that shows whether the car is a base GT or a Bullitt option GT. My rate was the same as a GT. $390.00 @ 6 months.

Mus408, Are you sure? I thought the VIN proved it was a real Bullitt. I sure hope so.... :-B

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well, If you live in the big city or in Massachusetts welcome to reality.

If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Everybody's going on about having a perfect driving record.... well that isn't always a big selling point with the insurance companies. They know accidents happen, and they figure with your perfect driving record, no mattter how good of a driver you are .....statistically speaking, your due for an accident. I believe rates are based on where you live, and the loss ratio of that type of car.

·
Registered
410 Posts
When I gave State Farm the Vin# ,The gal say's Oh you have a Bullitt. They know by the engine code. $1050. A year

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Ray,I checked the VIN of a '01 GT 5 Spd,in the showroom,and it was the same,other than the serial no.,as the Bullitt. Only thing different is that shock tower Bullitt ID sticker. Ford should have had those numbers stamped in the VIN. But that is all water under the bridge now. As far as insurance rates.....pity my poor 20 yr.old college son. He just,I helped with the 0% deal,bought a 01 V6 Stang,and if he were listed as the main driver,would be paying $950 every 6 months! They don't give the kids a chance to get started on there own account. Wasn't that way for me in 1972! Had my own insurance,and car payments in my name,and had money to spare at 18,making 2 bucks an hour!

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
My insurance went up $33 a month. It's worth it to me - I would have payed triple that if I had too (though I wouldn't have been too happy about it!)

-Christine-
DHG#4930

·
Registered
255 Posts
I live in VA am 31 and have a flawless driving record and with geico i pay 153 dollars a month which is 1836 dollars a year. Granted i have a 100 dollar deductible and my coverage is just about maxed but either way i am taking it in the a$$ for being my age and with my record. I also have my daily driver on geico which is a 95' ford probe 4 cylinder which is only costing me about 45 dollars a month for the same amount of coverage. One of these days when i have some time to kill i will call another company and see if they can beat geico and switch to them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
On 2001-10-16 19:28, From the other side wrote:
I just bought my Bullitt thinking that the quote would be similar to a quote I got for a 1998 Camaro SS. No way.

I'm 30 yrs old, no tickets, and I'm getting quotes that range from $1200 to $1600 a year for 100/300.

Lesson learned, always get a quote before you buy a car!!!!!

I wish I could have a rate that low :smile: Mine are $1200 every six months with a spotless record. Man I wish I was 25 year old yet, only 1 year a few months i keep telling myself.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm real surprised at the difference in the rates. I have State Farm...$401 every 6 months for it. Last year I got a quote (just for the heck of it) for a 2000 Corvette, the rate for me (31 - female) was only like $61 a month....

:smile:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Your rate is real similar to mine. I notice I have had a couple increases since June, very small though. I had to take a couple cars off to save a few bucks :smile: The 87 hasn't moved in 7 years and the 88 hasn't in over a year, they don't need insurance :smile:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts