Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen somewhere that there was a mod that was good for 20+ hp by removing some plates within the stock intake manifold...the ones that adjust for different rpm I think. Appparently you remove these plates and replace them with covers/plates that do not move. Supposed to be good for 20+ hp or something. Has anybody on here done this and have more information on doing this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After posting...I found what I was looking for. They are the charge motion plates. There is a kit from Steeda. It is actually only worth around 10hp on naturally aspirated...but more when you supercharge...which I will be doing. Just still curious if anybody has installed this kit and happy with it...ease of job, etc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
blacksun said:
After posting...I found what I was looking for. They are the charge motion plates. There is a kit from Steeda. It is actually only worth around 10hp on naturally aspirated...but more when you supercharge...which I will be doing. Just still curious if anybody has installed this kit and happy with it...ease of job, etc.
Do a search there are threads on this subject. You will waste you money buying the charge motion delete plates depending on the type super charger you go with.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Deleting the Charge motion plates is also known to reduce your lower RPM torque.

·
Registered
969 Posts
my understanding is that if you install a supercharger, you will not need delete plates.

i have seen delete plates installed, and it is a pretty simple task. you will need to have a different tune installed along with them.

maybe tigerhonaker will jump in here and let you know about the low end torque item. when i drove his car, i could not tell he lost any low end torque whatsoever. terry has the breenspeed tune for his bullitt.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the race plates and they are very sweet. They increase power and you really do not lose that much to notice down low. Rich at www.radmustangs.com has them also and he has an all motor giant. If you use a centri supercharger(paxton, rotrex, vortech, or procharger) or a turbo (hellion, turbonetics ect.) then the delete plates will help out alot. If you are shooting for a twinscrew then dont bother. The Race plates are the way to go dyno proven if you are going to get them.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Terry did have this done and had a great post on the mod. Sadly, 09 changes to the intake manifold prevent this install due to a one piece mold (Steeda site also explains). Just compared mine to my son's 06 GT and the difference is very real. If I want to go this route I will have to find an 05-08 manifold, dang.

Seriously considering this as I expect to stay naturally aspirated.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160646

1 - 7 of 7 Posts