Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,was hoping that someone can give me or knew the torque specs to the Bullitt intake.I need the specs to the lower cover to main intake (lower) body,and the upper plenum to main intake (lower) body,just about finished the painting on 'er( i think LOL),....plus can i reuse the rubber gaskets,or should i get new ones?
Thanks. :wink:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm not sure on the specs, sorry! But I would defiantly use new gaskets. :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured i would,just that the rubber gaskets look good still.
But i really need the torque specs.If no one here knows,i will get them from my buddy at the dealer that does all my warranty work i guess. :cool:
So far the intake looks really good all painted up in gloss black,to pretty to put on,LOL....but i plan on going silver to match my GT anyways.I tried black first to see if i would like it,but it would be to much black under the hood i think.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:wink: Soon for sure,i need to give it another coat of silver,then after,a few coats "to many" of engine clear to get her shiny and to keep it protected.Will for sure get pics up.....promise.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weeeeellll .... finally done the intake,but not in silver,i didn't like it,so back to black it went.Here is a few shots.The pics don't do it justice,it came out pretty damn shiny,i see why photographers hate black...LMAO!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Looks like you spent a few days just taping up what wouldn't get painted! When you get it on the car, I would like to see pics of that too, if you don't mind.

Hmm, a black Bullitt with a black intake. Hmm, indeed.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did do it myself,and just used black engine paint,3 cans worth to get it glossy,and i wanted it to look thick/deep.
Yeah the mask taping was the pain in the ars part,but those bare areas make it look more factory i think.
Will for sure update once it's bolted on.But that will not be until around April of '08 now.Was going to install it over the winter,but i still need parts,and can't chance in not finishing it or not able to get a few parts in time as i am bringing my GT in to the dealer to get the tsb/recalls done on my stang,the trans and the diff need a little attention,brought it in last week to get it looked at.My warranty is up in that same month i bring it back out of storage,so yeah,other wise i would be tearing the stock stuff off now...:confused:
I'm actually excited to get it on now that this part is done.:cool:

installermarc,i think the black intake would look awesome on a black Bullitt,i've always like colored keyd intakes to exterior body color,that was my full intention,but for some reason i didn't like how it looked, for mine,silver is a funny color to play with i find ... :frown:

1fstbullitt,i know a bit about hoods...???Depending on what you want to know i guess.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is awsome that you did all that yourself thumbs up, big time. Sorry for not clarifying on the hood thing. What I ment to ask was on preping the hood for paint. What do I need to sand it down to. I'ts a white Cobra hood, and I want to paint it, just don't know the procedure. Any help would be very apreciated.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Now if I could figure out a way to do without the intake for a few days....

Hmm, indeed....

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1fstbullitt said:
That is awsome that you did all that yourself thumbs up, big time. Sorry for not clarifying on the hood thing. What I ment to ask was on preping the hood for paint. What do I need to sand it down to. I'ts a white Cobra hood, and I want to paint it, just don't know the procedure. Any help would be very apreciated.
Thank you,really appriciate it!!:wink:
As for painting the hood,no expert there,and i wouldn't want to miss lead honestly,i've done a bit of body work,but on my ol '85 GT that i had before my '03 GT.My buddy who majored in autobody was showing me how to sand,blend,feather,fiberglass,sandblast,and stuff like that.
One thing i do know is that if the paint isn't thick,and is good(meaning not to many rock/stone chips),all you do need to do is cuff it,and if there is a few stone chips,you will need to feather it when sanding it so you don't have a dip look once it is painted,then prime it,and blast her to match,some autobody places like to blend into the fenders and stuff this way it looks more colored matched.:wink:
Hope this helps.

installermarc,so you seriously considering on painting 'er black???

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would advise mounting and lining up the hood before doing any prep to it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have been thinking about it since I bought the car 7 months ago. Best time would be when I drop in the DSS long block I have planned. Maybe next spring.

·
Registered
152 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I would advise mounting and lining up the hood before doing any prep to it.
What do you mean by that? That I should take off my hood and see what it looks like? I also have a Roush stg3 bumper that I'm going to put on. Just don't know if the stg3 is 'taller' than the stock bumper. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What you will need to do is take your stock hood off,then mount the new hood,then shut it carefully to make sure it lines up with the latch,then see how the lines/gaps look.You might need to re adjust the hood hinges,the hood latch,and fenders to get proper gap,height (at the latch) and fit.With my Steeda hood,all i had to do is align the hood hinges a bit,and driver side fender a tad.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
installermarc said:
I have been thinking about it since I bought the car 7 months ago. Best time would be when I drop in the DSS long block I have planned. Maybe next spring.
That would for sure be the right time.So what plans do you have,N/A,blown/power adder?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hey Javier, give me a call if you need a hand with the hood and bumper. I'm anxious to see what it'll look like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts