Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from another site.

"I have a friend who works at the Flat Rock plant and in checking on a Shelby for a friend ... my friend said that they started production on the Bullitt last night.

I know the rims are really cool .. so says the friend .. hes not sure what motor is in the car .. he thinks the 4.6 and since I personally dont know alot about this car .. he also told me its green .. or something like that."

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
No official release of info and production has begun?

Has any other new ford model begun production with no official public information and without appearing on the Ford ordering computers?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Stop it.....really??!!??

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. (Didn't your parents teach you this?) :)

This is tantalizing news...

Ichibanbullitt

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
If anyone is near a Dealership in the next few days or so, stop by and ask what option code 54B is.

I believe the order banks is open with cars slated for Job 2 (December)
One of my Ford engineering buddies who retired when I did is now selling Fords part time. I will send him an e-mail and ask the question. I should be able to post an answer tomorrow.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'll be touring the AAI plant on Sept 11, if they are building them, I'm sure I'll see it.

I'll bet it was a couple of Pre-Production test/publicity units...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Now that's a legitimate thought. Publicity from Ford about a unique Mustang...They must have up'd the advertising budget. Hope they put it out on more than the internet and the Ford website!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
If anyone is near a Dealership in the next few days or so, stop by and ask what option code 54B is.

option code 54b is not at the ford dealers as of 10:00 am this morning.....

I believe the order banks is open with cars slated for Job 2 (December)
friday november 30th is the ''target date'' , with the dealers getting all the info before thanksgiving ....
I will be ''building''( ordering ) my bullitt as soon as the information is released to the dealers..... guess who is first in line? lol

·
Registered
903 Posts
The word I recieved from a salesman at a dealer here in Washington state is the option code is in thier system and production is slated for December. He's talk'in that they all will be green with a 4.6 (with unknown upgrades) manual trans,blacked out torque thrust D type wheels , a blacked out section between the rear tail lights .
I asked him if it's going to be as retro looking as the original and he says he wasn't sure . all he could tell me was what he knew . What i said was what he knew plus that the "option package" was only about $1800 bucks. Which to me doesn't really sound like much and that the final price will most likely be in the 30k range and slightly higher than the GT.
This info is about 6 weeks old . If theres been any changes ....well... I don't know about them. I would say that if there is to be any changes that it would be up to us to send e-mails to Ford and let our voices be heard.
As for me ,since Ford has gone retro with the body platform then a retro BULLITT is what it should be . Including the blacked out rocker panels and the blinker/louver type hood . Plus I think the another "option" should be a supercharger.
You know BULLITTS are rated at FPS (Feet Per Second) so why not boost the FPS with a supercharger? :)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I am sure that it is too late for Ford to internally begin new discussions about any changes now.

What's gonna be is what's gonna be.

And ... we ... just gotta wait and see.

acuppala more months

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would not be suprised to see the 2008 Bullitt at the Los Angles Auto Show in November. The 2001 was first shown there.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I just came back from one of the local Ford dealerships where I inquired about the new 2008 Mustang Bullitt (54B). "Ummm...what the heck is a Bullitt and aren't you that guy that always comes in here and asks about it?", was their response. They said I wore funky clothes too! I love this hobby! It's so...F U N K Y! :lol:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
PY said:
I just came back from one of the local Ford dealerships. They said I wore funky clothes too! I love this hobby! :lol:
And just what were you wearing this time Collin? :shock:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
".. he also told me its green .. or something like that."
What's like green besides green? :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
And just what were you wearing this time Collin? :shock: