·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
It is the same car posted from Japan. Looks like there are no trademark infringement laws in Japan. WB would have a field day. That should be pretty close to the 08 though. A V-6 Bullitt??? The horror.... 4.8 million yen for the V8!!! $39 K.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
+1, it looks pretty sweet. Hope the production looks that cool.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'd buy that

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
That looks REALLY nice! +1 on the dual-vented hood, though.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
WOW !! I believe that i would have to purchase one that looks like that,Ditto for the hood. I like it.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
This item posted on The Mustang Source 2008 Bullitt forum lends some creedence to these pictures!

"A co-worker, who has a Ford dealership owner as a client, got to go to the National Dealer Forum in Detroit this past week. ALL the new 2008 models were on display including the King of the Road (which they did drawings each day for individual dealer allocations), some new Foose truck with SC, yada yada yada, AND the BULLITT on a rotating platform with both doors open (aka he couldn't sit in it). They didn't have horsepower ratings or anything like a sticker price on them.

Anyway, I'm going to give you in a nutshell his comments on the BULLITT. Please keep in mind he is not quite as into Mustangs as a TMS members, but knows how I've been waiting for this model to come out:

Very generic, nothing special.

Green (I assume DHG) with black bullitt rims and no rear spoiler.

Had chrome exhaust tips, but he didn't know if it was different exhaust.

Side fake spoilers and side window louvers.

The grill looked different, couldn't remember seeing the GT fog lights.

Metal fuel door with a crosshair like a rifle scope. (which sounded very cool)

Unique metal shifter and slightly different interior with Bullitt logo.

"It looked like a old moonshiner's car or something." To which I said, "What?" He responded, "You know, like a stripped down, drab old hotrod without chrome or anything. If I didn't know it was a special edition then I'd never given it a second look." "

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hood is too plain.

Vents are pointless unless they are functional like the originals were.

Side scoops are wrong (if anything, there should be a piece of chrome like the 68 quater panels had).

No engine/trans/gear options like what was avaiable in 1967 - 1970.

Looks like Ford is just slapping this together just to say they generated a second BULLITT.

This is a shame; the nicest retro-style out there and they blow the chance to get the car as exact as possible (which is what folks have been waiting for all along).

IF IT AINT GONNA FUNCTION DONT PUT IT ON THERE.

WE DO NOT OWE FORD SALES ... THEY OWE IT TO US TO BUILD WHAT WE WANT. WE DO NOT OWE IT TO THEM TO BUY WHAT THEY WANT TO BUILD.

Ford will never, never learn and will never have their stuff together.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Here's a few points.
1. Ford or any other manufacturer is not going to waste R and D and a new engine on this type of car. It's not a Boss or a Mach which were known for their HP.

2.The movie car was a stripped down basic GT, our cars are a GT with suspension and a few engine mods and that's it. Following history would have to assume it is a stripped down GT void of all markings with a little HP bump and suspension mods. Ford is following the history of the car by not making it something it never was, a high HP street machine.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
High HP Street Machine

As long as my tax dollars stand to be used to bail foolish, narrow-minded, cheap US automakers out of the hole AGAIN I wll critique them as long as, and in any manner, that I see fit ... PERIOD.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
As long as my tax dollars stand to be used to bail foolish, narrow-minded, cheap US automakers out of the hole AGAIN I wll critique them as long as, and in any manner, that I see fit ... PERIOD.
Point taken but no one has bailed anyone out other than Chrysler many years ago. Scott Hoag had an excellent point in these tight money days it makes no sense to put R and D and other moneys into a production run of 7000 cars. Plus the fact that since currently there is no competion for the Mustang and won't be until 2008. The Ford Director of Marketing stated at the Mid America Banquet that Ford intends to win the HP wars if they start.

On another note the Mustang is #1 in it's class for Initial Quality from JD Power. The Fusion and Edge are doing well so it looks like Ford is turning the ship around all be it slowly. All of us want Hp etc.. But you have to remember that the V-6 Mustang is what accounts for the majority of sales and allows for limited editions to be made. Like Carroll Shelbv said it was a secretary's car that turned into a performance car.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Point taken but no one has bailed anyone out other than Chrysler many years ago. Scott Hoag had an excellent point in these tight money days it makes no sense to put R and D and other moneys into a production run of 7000 cars. Plus the fact that since currently there is no competion for the Mustang and won't be until 2008. The Ford Director of Marketing stated at the Mid America Banquet that Ford intends to win the HP wars if they start.

On another note the Mustang is #1 in it's class for Initial Quality from JD Power. The Fusion and Edge are doing well so it looks like Ford is turning the ship around all be it slowly. All of us want Hp etc.. But you have to remember that the V-6 Mustang is what accounts for the majority of sales and allows for limited editions to be made. Like Carroll Shelbv said it was a secretary's car that turned into a performance car.
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=15 width=780 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center height=101>Originally Posted by chilli bullitt
The dealership I go to about 20 minuts from has a black 5spd SGT on the showroom floor and they are selling at sticker, possibly under. They say they want to move it becasue they have a "real" Shelby coming in, GT500. I didn't even bother going into it with them.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It seems a lot of folks feel this way about the new Shelby models, the new CSGT, and the upcoming 2008 BULLITT and rumored Boss.

I will NOT be buying a 2008 BULLITT as a new car. I said if Ford didn't build it a certain way then I wasn't going to buy it. They fell way short and so they have lost a sale here.

I think the new 2008 BULLITT photos do reflect a very impressive car (with a few cheap exceptions).

As far as the Shelby GT goes, why buy one of those when the 2008 BULLITT is coming out (with the same or less meager horsepower and scant engine/trans options) ... ???

I also like the looks of the Shelby GT-500 but I will never buy one at sticker price even if I could afford one 2 or 3 times over. To me, I simply would not be getting what I would be paying a lot of extra money for.

This is the same way I felt with the 2002-2005 Thunderbird; if Ford didn't build it a certain way then I wasn't going to buy one. They totally screwed that car up with the way they did things (and with they way they DID NOT do things) and again I didn't buy one (nor did a lot of other disappointed potential buyers).

Ford brought Shelby in for the retro-styled Mustang and the Shelby's are way overpriced. The only new Shelby that comes close to the old ones are the GT-500(s). In my opinion, if you are going to go "retro" then you should do it all the way and do it right or not do it at all.

The GT-H is relatively true to the former GT-H cars, but the Shelby GT is a far cry from the GT-350 of old. If they did the Shelby GT as a GT-350 replacement (like the GT-350 used to be with the GT-500) then they fell way short. There just is NOT enough horsepower in the Shelby GT. This is sad because you pay way more for the Shelby name and you don't get the value for the money (in my opinion).

While some folks are glad and desperately thankful that Shelby is doing Mustangs again, a lot of others feel this time around it is just a lot of hype (mostly those of us who are older and remember the original cars, rode in them, drove them, raced them, and repaired them, etc.).

In my opinion the GT-500 is the only exception (so far) to the "hype".

(texwebdesign.com)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I dunno how this got in here twice ... (???) ROFLMAO

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
The days of affordable high HP are gone. Only exception was the GTO and it flopped. The new Camaro will be well over 30K with any type of good HP and the SS is going to be in the GT 500 price range (before ADMS). And the Challenger forget about it.... But it appears that some were not satisfied with 265 HP (240 net) in 01 and not satsified with 50 more in a new Bullitt.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The only way I would give Ford credit,at winning a Horsepower race,is if they can do it without the crutch of a blower.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts