Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not a question in regards to my Bullitt, it is in regards to my daughters Mustang. There is an intermittent problem with the turn signal. Sometimes it works normal, other times its very irratic and will even stay on for af seconds and then start blinking again. Its a 97 Mustang and although it has 98000 miles, its her first car and her baby, so I'm trying to figure this one out. I already bought and intalled a new turn signal in the steering column and it seemed to work fine for about a week, so I don't know if theres something else, or something I might have missed. It was a pretty simple install. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts
Have you checked the flasher relay in the fuse box and/or all the bulbs? Are both sides effected or just one?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, its both sides and all of the bulbs are working. I didn't even think about the flasher relay. Thank you for the help and my daughter says thank you also. We'll see if that does the trick.

Troy

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Do a continuity check on the wiring. Check your ground for the switch.

Usually these series of turn signal switches have poor contacts in the switch itself. Usually a little corrosion on those contacts and clean up with some WD-40. I know, new switch. Still worth checking as they maybe new, but who knows where they were stored and when they were made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts