Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am first on the list to buy a 2008 Bullitt from a dealer near Tallahassee. But must admit that the thought of selling 2729 is difficult. It is hard to think about letting it go. Wish I could drive the new one to make the comparison but there are two people on the list after me and I need to sell 2729 before the 2008 arrives at the dealership. With 2 people, and maybe more to come, on the list I am also worried about the price possibly going above sticker. Thoughts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, you could forfeit your place and wait. That'd give you a chance to test drive one and thus make an informed decision on whether to sell the '01 or not.

Personally I'm waiting until this spring or so before I buy one. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume there will still be some available though.:wink:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking 2729 my be worth less if I wait.

Wolfsburg said:
Well, you could forfeit your place and wait. That'd give you a chance to test drive one and thus make an informed decision on whether to sell the '01 or not.

Personally I'm waiting until this spring or so before I buy one. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume there will still be some available though.:wink:
I am just getting this feeling that the 2008 Bullitt is going to by highly desirable and if that is the case it seems our cars will be worth less.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I am first on the list to buy a 2008 Bullitt from a dealer near Tallahassee. But must admit that the thought of selling 2729 is difficult. It is hard to think about letting it go. Wish I could drive the new one to make the comparison but there are two people on the list after me and I need to sell 2729 before the 2008 arrives at the dealership. With 2 people, and maybe more to come, on the list I am also worried about the price possibly going above sticker. Thoughts?
Why do you want to sell your 2001 and buy the 2008? Do you think the new one is 15,000 or more dollars better than your 2001?
For me,even though I kinda like the new Bullitt,I just can't see spending all the extra cash.
If your current Bullitt still looks as good as in your picture,I would keep it!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
When the new Bullitt comes in take it for a ride, that will help you decide. We can not predict what the 01 will be worth 6 days or 6 months from today. If you like the 08 go for it, if not keep the 01.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If its anything like my 2007 CA/GT, I have the same gears retro interior etc, It plain spanks my 01 Bullitt, it has a much larger interior rides like a dream and no rattles shakes or weird stuff the older Mustangs have, I am still a huge 01 fan and will keep mine but if it were a choice for the long haul I think the new car has more to start with, the 2001 is more of a SportsCar the New body is more refined and it really does show, I know alot will say otherwise but I split the driving between the two weekly the new car is a whole new car period.That being said you will take a bath on the 01 unless you find someone that knows what it really is, Dealers will rip you off and kids wish it had a wing and some 20's...Keep her if at all possible.

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
Hey, Dennis -

Have you driven an S197 Mustang GT? It might give you an approximation - you will definitely feel a difference in terms of the size and chassis solidity as compared to the SN-95 car.

That might be a good starting point, although you won't be able to compare the acceleration feel or cornering changes that the '08 will have over the stock GT.

PS - I would keep the '01 if you can!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mus408 said:
Why do you want to sell your 2001 and buy the 2008? Do you think the new one is 15,000 or more dollars better than your 2001?
For me,even though I kinda like the new Bullitt,I just can't see spending all the extra cash.
If your current Bullitt still looks as good as in your picture,I would keep it!

Agreed. Could put some cash into the 01, have some fun. Maybe a vortech. Then if/when the engine goes, drop in a terminator engine. Lowering springs, exhaust, it's like a new car again.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
My personal choice is simple...I can't afford any new "big" car payments,so I will keep the old.
Yeah,I got a little bit spoiled,when I had a 2007 Shelby GTH for a week,but then reality hits.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I would keep the 01, But if you really want the 08 wait a few years Let somebody else take the hit in the pocket book. Test drive would be great but I think that will be hard to do because the ones that come in probably have a home already. The ideal thing is to have both, but I dont know your situation of space and money. I really like the 08 also but I would not sell my 01 to get it. Good luck with your quest.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Hey, Dennis -

Have you driven an S197 Mustang GT? It might give you an approximation - you will definitely feel a difference in terms of the size and chassis solidity as compared to the SN-95 car.

That might be a good starting point, although you won't be able to compare the acceleration feel or cornering changes that the '08 will have over the stock GT.

PS - I would keep the '01 if you can!

Dennis...

I think Tony is right on with his thoughts...i dont know how many miles you got on your 01..but...it looks like a new one....i have been looking at the 2007 Gt C/S..but i am afraid to go drive it..ya know what i mean!!...i even found one on a local dealer lot...so i am staying away from there...grrrr..oh decisions!...i gotta keep my 01...my .02

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
It seems that at the moment Ford is filling orders for specific retail sales and holding orders for dealer stock. It might not be easy to get one for a test drive at least initially.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The wife and I have decided to keep 2445 and buy a 2008 used in a few years. I know it will be harder to find the car with all the right options (black w/sirius and HIDs) later, but I can't begin to think about letting 2445 go.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I am just getting this feeling that the 2008 Bullitt is going to by highly desirable and if that is the case it seems our cars will be worth less.
to be frank, that is the WORST answer I have pretty much ever heard. Cars are not investments, mearly transportation & fun. Who knows what will happen. They could go up if demand is there, people don't want or can't get an 08, or more than likely they will drop for a while until the market stablizes and life goes on. Not to mention, our cars even without the 08 is still dropping in value and probably will until ~2011.. then flatline and come slightly up.

Your worst bet is the 2008 as you are paying 2x what your 01 is worth right off the bat. That 08 will probably drop to 20k in 2 years and down into the teens on the 3rd. Boom, you're nearly back to what your 01 is worth :D

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Test drive a Shelby GT or even a GT with a stick. It will be similar enough to the Bullitt. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts