Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-12 15:38, kfengler wrote:
The hardest part is the DHG paint, can be done but not cheap!

Now for the Black and True Blue... well, told you to get the Green!!! :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

what is rarer?!? ya what i thought!

·
Registered
822 Posts
So..I have a question..I have always wanted a Saleen..but frankly..I am too young and poor to afford one. How are they..they look awesome..and seemly are great cars. Did you like yours..do you still have it. And, I guess why did you get a bullitt if you already had a kick butt Saleen? Not that you have to answer..I am just curious as I really want an S351 someday when I get out of College.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If Bullitt knockoffs upset you, you're really going to be upset when the 2002 Mustangs come out with available hood scoops, wheels, etc. right off the Bullitt. Our Bullitts will lose their most distintive features. I have complained to Ford about this; but, only got a feeble sorry about that. DHG #2355

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry if what I've done too my GT has unpset anyone. I did the intake swap too help set my car apart from every other GT on the road plus improve basic performance of the car. I did the brake upgrade for the same reason. My stock rotors/pads would fade under hard driving plus with the 18" wheels the stock rotors looked too small. The side scoops were to replace those tacky brake ducts. From day one I liked the cleaner look of the shaved ducts!! And if anybody asks I always tell them I have a GT, just with a some Bullitt upgrades :wink:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks 1NastyFordGT!!! I agree with you 100% about knocking off a car. And with me having a laser red car I don't think anybody has to worry about me :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Maybe knock-off isn't the right word, it's probably "fake" or "counterfeit". Heck, the side intakes look great on your car (all Stangs should have 'em! :smile: )

I would draw the line at the Bullitt logo or name plate though. Something about a Bullitt badge on a yellow GT doesn't sit well IMO. :smile:

I agree with Nasty, anyone who trys to sell a fake Bullitt as real because of the after market parts is probably breaking the law anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Chris, i wouldn't worry about it. i like all the Mods you made!
when i ordered my Bullitt, i thought the "Torque-thrust" look alikes (wheels) would be unique to the Bullitt but then all the 2001 GT's started hitting the lots with the same wheels months before the 1st Bullitt came off of the line........oh well!
an original Bullitt is just that...original. all the performance and esthetically pleasing parts from our cars on other GTs is OK with me. just makes me think the Bullitt is pretty cool!
i've got my Bullitt so why should it bother me?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yours looks great, Chris! I agree with the others who don't have a problem with what you have done. I also draw the line, though, when someone tries to pass a fake one off as the real mccoy, that's not right. An interesting point about the wheels, though, I met a Saleen owner recently, and he asked if he could sit in mine, and check out all of the features. I said yes, of course, since I love to show off my Bullitt!! :grin: His comment about the wheels was that they look perfect on the Bullitt, but don't look right on regular GT's. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I think he is right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The last posting says it all. The vin can't be duplicated. Window stickers etc...
I had a clown at a car show telling me my Cobra R was made up. My response was yea if makes you feel better. Check the VIN its published in the registry.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts