Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...really just leftovers from the 94-98's? That would kind of bother me. I thought they were "unique." It's like "hey, here's a pile of c-pillars we were going to chunk, lets use them on the Bullitt!"

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
They are an adaptation of the C-pillar from that time period. The cut line that is angled toward the front is sharper than the original '94-'98s.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll accept that! :grin: If you look at Dennis Baker's sig, they look identical. Someone I run with had mentioned they were the same as well.

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
My information comes from Scott Hoag, formerly of Ford, now of MRT.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,297 Posts
Yep, one of the many differentces between a Bullitt and a GT. The "unique" C-pillars. There were several Bullitts that came off the line with both GT c-pillars and some with one GT c-pillar and one Bullitt c-pillar. So check yours out, maybe you have a factory boo-boo. :confused:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine are normal (for Bullitts) but I had heard that they were no more than the 94-98 Mustang C-pillar. So far as I can tell, mine isn't one of the anomolous Bullitts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I own a 97 GT in addition to #562. I see no difference between the parts. The cut line angle appears to be the same.

K

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kempesh said:
I own a 97 GT in addition to #562. I see no difference between the parts. The cut line angle appears to be the same.

K
Can you take and post pictures please? I have a 97, but it's a convertible.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Randy Stinchcomb said:
from where I sit;
there IS a Bullitt spec "C" pillar listed and it is the same part that was used on 2003/04 Mach 1's
You are correct!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I found a place that has very great information on the 01 Mustang Bullitt. At the top of this very page there is silver button with Bullitt Archives on it, click and enjoy tons of information. It has a section called what makes a Bullitt a Bullitt, complete with Bullitt parts.
http://www.bullittarchive.com/7025.htm

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, I know about the Mach c-pillars, I'm also very aware of the archives. However, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, is it not a duck? Even if it says "horse" on it? I don't doubt Ford tweaked the part for the Bullitt, but really, how much, other than updating the part number? Besides, I'm just trying to make conversation and maybe have a few people think about it. Geez.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Now I am unsure?!

Here are some pics showing C-pillars.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
After some visual comparison in the pics above they look different to me.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
if they are different they sure look close.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I see it now. The angle is the same, but the downward sweep on the Bullitt is straighter than on the SN95. The older car has a bit more curve to it.

K

·
Registered
156 Posts
I concur with K, the Bullitt's is more angular, while the GT's is rounded. My .02, please no change back...

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
personally, I think they look totally different. A c-pillar,is a c-pillar,is a c-pillar, same dimensions and size, however the appearances are totally different.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Case closed. Kerry has spoken. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts