Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That ahow is at VMP this weekend. It will cost 25 bucks for a spectate ticket plus 5 more to park. To enter the show...35 bucks for the one day. To me,this is getting exspensive!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kaylan1521 said:
Try racing in it. I think they've started offering financing plans. :wink:

yes, it is getting expensive.
I had looked at the True Street race,for the 85 LX,but at 85.00 bucks,don't think so.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
FFW has been expensive for a while and is only getting worse. That is one reason why Bullitt Nationals has stopped using them.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I ran in three FF events in 2002. It wasn't cheap, but the cost of participating didn't break the bank.

In 2004 I ran at Orlando. I paid my FF membership some time before the event, but they did not have the info when I got there. So, I had to pay the year's membership again, the entry money for Mod Motor, the entry to the track, and it seems like there was something else. Then my friend Al went to help me out. He had to pay to get in to the event for two days, and couldn't bring the truck in with tools in it because we had not towed the car in with it. He ended up having to park like 3/4mile from where the car was. I think between the two of us we dropped something like $200 that day to get in and for me to run. Add another $100 for food, drinks and gas. I got in two qualifying runs then the rain came. The first round was to supposed to be run on Saturday but was moved back. I looked at my front tire that appeared to have some heavy wear on the outside, possibly from being out of alignment after having the K Member out two days before, and decided it wasn't worth the effort to drive everything back home and do it all over again on Sunday. That marked the last Fun Ford event I went to. With gas prices the way they are now, I don't know how the casual racer could afford to go to many of these.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Problem for me is that the feeder classes that have the bigger turnouts are paying the fees for the big boys to show up. I understand it's always been like that but....

My cousin runs Outlaw 10.5 and it costs him 300.00 to enter an event in the local scene here. Purse is 3000-5000 depending on whether there's a full field (16 cars). In the meantime it costs me 115.00 to enter a index class with 35-40 car field for a purse of 500.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts