Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....to remove the hood scoop without damaging the hood? Mine is starting to fade and the clear coat is starting to come off.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to prep it myself and then take it to be painted. why?

There are screws in there too?!?!?! GOD, can't ford do anything without holes in things...GEEZ.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Like Punk said, remove the liner and unbolt 7 or so nuts that hold the scoop to the hood (bolts fixed to scoop, nuts on underside of hood). There is also a positioning pin on the front of the scoop that fits in a hole in the hood. When I took my scoop off this positioning pin was holding the scoop pretty tight, so the scoop may not pop right off even when all the nuts are off the screws. Once you have the nuts off, lift the scoop slightly and place a towel or something under the scoop so you do not scratch the hood when loosening this positioning pin and when lifting the scoop off. While you have the scoop off the hood it's worth the effort to fill the indentation on the hood under the scoop with fiberglass resin. Cuts out about 95% of that annoying runoff and dripping after a wash.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Puke huh. lol

Cool. the hood will be replaced sometime before the nats next year anyway. im just looking to get a quick fix of the ugliness.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Puke huh. lol

Dang, can't believe I did that. Better edit that before Punk thinks I did it on purpose.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I took the hood cover off because it was so beat up! You can see the scoop bolts on this hood shot of 227. Now there was an issue that Ford had with pealing clear around the hood scoop so be careful when you pull the scoop off. Also you will be surprised at how dirty it is under there ;-)...

Hope this helps and good luck.

Bud and 227

http://www.budacad.com/IMBOC/227/227_hood_01a.jpg

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks Bud.

Yeah, I can imagin how dirty it is under there. Thats why I can't wait to get my Cowl hood, so as to not have that problem.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
You and me both. I'm changing the hood and bumper. We are goiong to blend the flames half way through the fenders and new flames on the hood. Thanks to Pino's suggestion I'm going to put the same flames under the hood so that when the hood is open you see the same as if it was closed ;-).. No more water dripping down and a cleaner look ;-)...

Have fun with your project. Thanks

Bud

PS When 227 was re painted for the 5th time the orginal hood was wrecked when it was stripped. The body shop just orderd a new
Ford hood! I wish they would have told me, I would have changed the hood them ;-). Mike (McQueen) had a Blue Bullitt with this hood and it was SWEEEEEET ;-)...

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Greg,

No issues at all since taking the hood off. I know some other members took theres off and had posted that they didn't have any issues. I'll probably put it back on for the winter to catch the dirt and rocks. At least until I get the new hood! I really only want one more year out of the Bullitt as a daily dirver and then I will go full show with the car. Some driving and some trailering! Going to break it down into 3 phases.

Suspension.

Engine

Paint and Interior

Then I hit the show circut and start trying to rack up some trophies ;-)... Right now I have 105 thousand miles on her and the front is all beat up from the winter rain ;-(... Oh I want the Cowl hood like Mike (McQueen) ran on his TB Bullitt! It's a reverse scoop and looks really good on Bullitts! Oh and the Roush front bumper or Cobra. Still trying to decide on that one ;-)...

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Greg,

Actually it's lower then that one. More of a Cobra R hood. Remeber Mike (McQueen) with the True Blue Bullitt? He had this hood on his with a Cobra bumper! it looked HOT! I guess it made a lasting impression on me :rotfl:

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BudACAD said:
Hi Greg,

Actually it's lower then that one. More of a Cobra R hood. Remeber Mike (McQueen) with the True Blue Bullitt? He had this hood on his with a Cobra bumper! it looked HOT! I guess it made a lasting impression on me :rotfl:

Thanks

Bud
Im getting the steeda Q400 hood. and ill make the louvers in the middle functional.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
SWEEEEET that will look <B> H O T </B> on the Bullitt ;-).

Thanks

Bud

1 - 15 of 15 Posts