Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my #3218 and i love it but due to my military life i am unable to get time to put miles on it. I would love to call up Brenspeed get a tuner, delete plates, drive shaft, to start but i barely put 500 miles on it and in a couple of months i go on deployment and car will be stored. Projected mileage at that time will be around 2,000(if that).

In addition the dealer wants 5,000 miles on the car before they do an oil change i think the oil in the car has been there for some time now the dealer had it on the lot for 10 months before i bought it. Should i just get it done elsewhere or take the long way wherever i go to get the miles up for that first oil change?:confused: :confused:

Oh and for the record when i do call Brenspeed what is that guys name that i mention? :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way Terry love your posts have learned alot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
change the oil...cheap insurance.....I started modding mine with 137 miles on it so you cant start too soon!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Change the oil before 1k in case there was any assembly residue, initial start up remnants, etc. My Dealer did mine free at 700. Pay for it if necessary. Mine had a well varied RPM break-in on two laners, with a dozen or more limiter cut outs in 2nd & 3rd as I tried to memorize the sound of shifting points & RPM's, so I did mine a bit early.

As to mods, I look at them this way. Something down the road maybe. Certainly picked up a lot of input here at IMBOC. Right now I'm just tryin' to figure out how to pay for the dang thing...

but the dang thing rocks as a stocker!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Racerx8019 said:
Well i just got my #3218 and i love it but due to my military life i am unable to get time to put miles on it. I would love to call up Brenspeed get a tuner, delete plates, drive shaft, to start but i barely put 500 miles on it and in a couple of months i go on deployment and car will be stored. Projected mileage at that time will be around 2,000(if that).

In addition the dealer wants 5,000 miles on the car before they do an oil change i think the oil in the car has been there for some time now the dealer had it on the lot for 10 months before i bought it. Should i just get it done elsewhere or take the long way wherever i go to get the miles up for that first oil change?:confused: :confused:

Oh and for the record when i do call Brenspeed what is that guys name that i mention? :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way Terry love your posts have learned alot.
Jeff,

Is there such a thing as to soon to mod?
Not if You have the Money $$$$$$$$$$$

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
901 Posts
Window tinted, Magnaflow exhaust, dress up engine stuff (Canton Coolant tank) & wheels/tires all with less then 1000 miles. I will go to Mobil 1 when the oil gets changed. I will never catch up with Terry though. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Car had less than 1.5k miles when we put the headers on....
and
less than 3k when we supercharged her!
:D

It's never too soon, only too late! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jeff,
it's good to see another SanDiego Bullitt. I got mine in February from Drew Ford and I have 800 miles on her so far. I will start modding after I get my income tax refund.
Fred 1867 :dhg08:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I changed my oil at 1000 miles, then at 2500 miles
Then I change it every 2500 after.
I change it twice a year @ $60 total for Motorcraft Synthetic blend .
Now as far as to early for mod's. If you feel that you want to put some miles on your Stang before messing with the performance mods, I would go with the appearance mods. Tint, do dads and what not's. Those mod's are just as fun!

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
It's never too soon. I think we bought the shorty antenna before we even picked up the car. Since then, we've installed the cams with the headers soon to follow.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Too soon? Only when it still belongs to someone else. And even then, I think you can get a waiver....at least from this crowd. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never too early to mod. Turbo went on at just under 1,000 miles and exactly 30 days after picking up the car.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
BlackPony said:
Now as far as to early for mod's. If you feel that you want to put some miles on your Stang before messing with the performance mods, I would go with the appearance mods. Tint, do dads and what not's. Those mod's are just as fun!
That's how I've had to do it due to extremely limited funds. The way some folks throw big money into their brand new Bullitt's is amazing. Must be drug dealers! :lol:

I wrapped 3M Mask, window tint, paint protection warranty (which I've already used for water spots & swirls), extended warranty into the loan, so those things were done immediately. This is probably the last new car I'll have so I want it to look new for many years - which is why she only gets driven 6 mos. out of the year up here. I plan for a long relationship with #901! :wink:
Then I've slowly scraped up a few bucks for other protection/appearance do dads (which I don't consider mods) like Coverking car cover and dash covers thru Costco, Weathertech tub mats, B.Number plate (arm rest), JaegerBros removable splash guards. Webelectric sequentials come this weekend.

A few of the performance mods are interesting to me but they'll have to wait. And that's OK because this thing drives, sounds, handles, shifts, and looks superb right out of the box! Not to mention the SMQ cool factor! :D

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
cdynaco said:
ya think? :wink:
That is the Deciding Factor I think for "Most" working class Bullitt Members.

How much Money do You have and want to spend on Modding Your Bullitt.

I really think in the Majority of Cases the (I-Want) out weighs the (Money-I-Have) :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Blindmelon said:
Window tinted, Magnaflow exhaust, dress up engine stuff (Canton Coolant tank) & wheels/tires all with less then 1000 miles. I will go to Mobil 1 when the oil gets changed. I will never catch up with Terry though. Good Luck!
Ken,

You already know I stay up Very-Very-Late at night Researching what I want NEXT :wink:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
583 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
+1,000 if you bought it to mod, then mod it you must! do your research and get out your wrenches!
And your credit card or checkbook!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I have to keep my warranty intact.

I'll need to get a written authorization from my dealer before any mods are installed

I'll do the tune though, since I can reload the stock tune at any time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So when you get the tunner from Brenspeed will they send you a new set of tunes everytime you buy somthing from them? Or do you have to purchase their email tunes?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts