Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all!

I'm wondering....does anybody know of or have a front protector for behind the license plante? I guess what I'm trying to say is, something to go up against the paint to keep the license plate from rubbing on it? The back has a raised pad under the bolts so the plate won't touch the paint, but there isn't anything like that on the front bumper. I have until November 2nd to come up with something as this is when I get plates, but until I find something, hubby suggests just using the flat plastic dealer advertisement plate that came on the front. Does anybody have any suggestions???? I saw a black plastic raised piece on the front of the Mustang GT's...but there wasn't anything like this for the BULLITT.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
You could always do what a number of us are doing. I keep my front plate safely secured.. under the passenger side floormat.

"I'm waiting for the mounting bracket from my dealership officer."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you're really keen to put your plate on however.. you could always buy a square of neoprene foam, cut it to the same size as your plate and glue it to the back of your license plate.
The car looks so much better without the plate though.. IMO. And as long as you have it with you in the car there shouldn't be any problems.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea, on the foam, that's a great one!

Unfortunately, my Bullitt came with screws already drilled right into the front bumper, to disply the dealers plastic tag...so I'll probably go ahead and put a plate on it. It's illegal here in MO not to have one, but I'll try putting it under my seat and using the "waiting on the bracket" excuse, but with my luck, it won't fly. I'm 31, female, never been pulled over...so, I guess it's about time, huh? I'm sure with a car like this, I'm bound to get pulled over for something!!!

Thanks again though, that foam one was a great idea!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
As a last resort; move to a state that doesn't require front plates!

·
Registered
444 Posts
On my last car I ended up getting a housing that enclosed the entire plate. It had a gasket that surrounded the plate and then I used a thin peice of foam around the top where the bolts went and a pair of small rubber grommets that went through the two bottom screws. I used to short scrws to secure the cover to the plate and had enough stick out so the grommet would fit over it. When I got rid of the car I took of the plate and there weren't any marks from the plate. It woked real good and the front (rear too) were protected. The plate still looks like it did the day I got them.

Bullitt DHG #2571

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green Pony on 2001-10-10 08:54 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts