Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked by a Blue 2001 V6 Mustang and noticed the back seat side windows were shaped differently. On the Bullitt the body shape or "arc" on the window seems to point to the rear. The V6 body just curved like normal. I know they were different. I have feeling that everybody already knows this ? Does the GT body have this sharper window as well?

·
Registered
466 Posts
It was a very subtle design trick. You look at a Bullitt and you know something is different but you just can't put your finger on it.

Cudos to Ford Design (Jay Mays).

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Kinda gives it that fastback look from the outside ...(without the narrow field of vision..if you've ever driven a fastback you know what I mean)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The line formed by the rear window and c-pillar and the scoop on the rear quarter pannel form a line on the Bullitt. (I am not sure this verbal explanation is clear, but looking at the photos of the Bullitt may help.) On the other mustangs the curved rear window forms a curve that is less visually continous with the scoop on the rear quarter pannel.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Guess who else has them as well?? The new Nissan 350Z!! Take a look at it in Dec. Road&Track mag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-15 15:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
466 Posts
Could you imagine what the Bullitt would have been with the "R" motor and hood? The ultimate sleeper. Probably would have cost a lot more than $27k though.

Now there's a mod I might even consider. My DHG Bullitt with nothing changed but the hood and the 5.4 DOHC motor. Gives me chills thinking about pulling next to a SS Camaro in that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Damn, I think your on to something there and I like my cars stock. With that hood it looks down right evillllllllll! Good touch up job. What do the rest of you guys (oops and gals) think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-15 19:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-15 19:33 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
The transmission wouldn't hold it, the rear end wouldn't hold it. The R was built for racing. It is a street legal race car. When it came off the assembly line, it was meant to go right on to the track. The front end connectors aren't the same or sway bars. You'd have to do a lot of revamping. It couldn't be done. You would have to totally rebuild the Bullitt--to costly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Everybody knows something is different abouth the Bullitt than other Stangs but isn't quite sure. That is what makes it so fun. I just love the double takes I get!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I love the R hood...getting that on the Bullitt would be SWEET. If I did that, would I take 'guff' from people because I have a hood that is made for high-rise cams, but yet I don't have any?? :smile:

·
Registered
292 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-15 22:19, TwoStangWmn wrote:
The transmission wouldn't hold it, the rear end wouldn't hold it. The R was built for racing. It is a street legal race car. When it came off the assembly line, it was meant to go right on to the track. The front end connectors aren't the same or sway bars. You'd have to do a lot of revamping. It couldn't be done. You would have to totally rebuild the Bullitt--to costly.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
You may be right... but gee whiz, this sounds like you cannot or should not even consider any modifications.

You know I bet someone somewhere does this. There always seems to be somebody out there with more $$$ than sense (or taste?).

As to whether pieces would start breaking... it all depends. On how much safety margin is designed into the current piece. On how much safety margin is built into the user. I don't think it is that much different than putting a supercharger under the hood.

I tend to look at it as part of the tradition and heritage of this type of car to see how much motor you can wedge in and go for it. It would be quick. Probably pretty scary but quick. Again quite consistent with the heritage.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a limited mechanical background (Army Mechanic for light vehicles, trucks, jeeps, etc...) so if I say something stupid feel free to correct me. With that being said, the Bullitt is rated at 305 ft/lb of torque and the R is rated at 385 ft/lb. Of course the R figure is probably somewhat conservative, as is the Bullitt. Would it really be that much of a stretch to install the R motor? I would think that bolting a S/C to the Bullitt would put about the same additional stress on the driveline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts