Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I love my Bullitt!! But, I need more power. I'm not trying to go gonzo or spend big bucks. What would you do to get to 300hp? I'm thinking about K&N filter and a lower pulley. Thoughts?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is there any body out there making a set of pulleys for the Bullitt yet? I just went to March's website today and it does not appear as though they are.

I had a set on my 95 Mustang GTS along with a K&N and got an additional 12 dyno proven horses.

Regards,
Dfresh (DHG 294)

·
Registered
73 Posts
March's website has pulleys listed for all mustangs up to 2000. I imagine the 2000 and 2001 are the same for the GT's as they were rated at the same horsepower both years. Would the Bullitt's be different? Anyone tried them yet?

Regards,
Dfresh (DHG 294)

·
Registered
762 Posts
If your goal is 300HP at the wheels you will have to do a lot of major engine work. I have dyno'd at 258.6 HP and 294.9 TQ with 3.73:1 gears, LT headers, off road H-pipe, underdrive crank and water pump pulley and stock alt pulley and stock cat back. I didn't get the car dyno'd after I added the Densecharger and Superchip from PHP but judging by the difference in performance I feel certain that an additional 10 rear wheel HP was gained and that my overall HP curve was extended. More "significant" power lies in the intake and at least Paul Svinicki of Pauls' High Performance is working on squeezing it out. However, when I last spoke to him and Ronda it appears that it won't be ready for production until after the New Year. Houston Performance sells a more aggressive cam and head package but I haven't seen any numbers on what that combo would add. Hope this helps
Arthur

·
Registered
762 Posts
dfresh the pulleys used at the time I dyno'd were made by BBK (nice shiny polished aluminium) after I got over here I changed the crank pulley to the crankshaft harmonic balancer sold by Steeda because it's an all in one piece that is SFI approved. I kept the BBK alt and water pulleys on because they are the same as the Steeda underdrives and are nice and shiny

·
Registered
152 Posts
Aren't underdrive pulleys part of the Bullitt package? I understood the Bullitts all come with a set of Ford underdrive pulleys already installed.

As for 300hp, you're going to be looking at new cams, port & polished heads, and possibly extrude honing the intake. We're now talking serious money compared to bolt-ons.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was my understanding that ford did put thier own version of underdrive pullies on the bullitt.. This is why they had to use the cobra alt(same output with the larger pully).

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
they are all underdrive pullies except for the crank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just installed Steeda underdrive pulleys The crank pulley is considerabley smaller and the water pump pulley is larger. The alternator pulley appears to be the same size. The Steeda harmonic balancer is a quality unit. The engine seems to rev smoother.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-25 03:31, Brad1790 wrote:
I just installed Steeda underdrive pulleys The crank pulley is considerabley smaller and the water pump pulley is larger. The alternator pulley appears to be the same size. The Steeda harmonic balancer is a quality unit. The engine seems to rev smoother.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Where you able to use the stock serpentine belt?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Your better off just going with a Vortech supercharger, sure it's around $3500 but you can hit almost 400HP at the flywheel. If you try to get that by staying with natural aspiration your looking at BIG $$$.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-10-26 11:23 ]</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts