Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a right front original pony caliper. At some point somebody swapped out the original pony calipers on my TB Bullitt and I'm trying to restore her to her former glory, I tracked down a left side so far. Willing to purchase a pair of fronts if somebody has a set they don't want to split up, thanks.

·
Car Whisperer
21,189 Posts
is that just a mach 1 caliper basically with a pony decal on it? it's the same as the cobra but the cobra has the name embossed on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know beggers can't be choosers but I was hoping to find NOS if possible, I figured I'd put it out there, you never know what people have laying around. I saw the new set on eBay, it's been on there a while for 1400.00, don't think so. Willing to pay just not that crazy :)

·
Registered
2001 Bullitt
32 Posts
Rock auto has them $145 - $290 for the pair (with no core). Not painted. No logo. You can paint the new calipers; exact color is available at chain stores.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody that replied, I ended up going with the set golf4283 found, thanks again.

·
Registered
2001 Bullitt
32 Posts
Thanks everybody that replied, I ended up going with the set golf4283 found, thanks again.
I had bad piston (sticking) and seals (cracks) on my front calipers. I rebuilt them with parts from Rock Auto. Parts are hard to find for the calipers. Mentioning because when I had my calipers off, I masked the pony emblems and spray painted my red calipers to bring them up to newer look.
You might want to consider testing the used calipers (one at a time): by hanging with wire ties to car; hydraulic line connected [then activate with brake (block inserted in caliper to prevent over extension) then compressing caliper with clamps to make sure they are not sticking.
Once used calipers are installed ( sticking caliper could ruin your new brake shoes and rotors).
Of course everybody's comfort zone is different. Just a thought.
I just noticed your ebay seller said they have already tested calipers.
If your seals are not cracked, your need to test parts just diminished.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Ebay has new front calipers posted from time to time. If you can wait long enough for one I would. They have a new left one, but that is it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Appreciate it thanks, I'll keep my eyes on finding a new right side still. I did grab a set of used ones for the time being.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Appreciate it thanks, I'll keep my eyes on finding a new right side still. I did grab a set of used ones for the time being.
parts_plus_more on ebay has a left one but no right one. He normally carries new ones so you might want to reach out and send an email to him.

Reactions: Hopyz01
1 - 14 of 14 Posts