Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!!!!It began!!!!Bullitt intake install!!

Started this past week on rippen' down my GT's intake,and related hardware.I was originally gonna wait,but i can't.....LMAO!!!
Last week my plug adapter came in for the Bullitt's altenator,and this morning i order up the rest of my stuff to complete the install.
So far this is a smooth job,could be expensive for someone starting from scratch,meaning not getting a good deal on a Bullitt intake with some hardware.As for parts.......Parts from Ford Canada are waaaaayyyyy over priced!!!!Even with the current dollars position.Some stuff was like double the price,and trippled the price......why!!!!!......,so i went to Ford U.S for everything.
So anyways,i decided to place everything together temporarily to see for myself for what i needed,and didn't need.
So here some picks on what she will look like!!

and the stocker.....

I'm hoping that maybe....she will be done in a few weeks.Time permitting,and parts coming in permitting! :burnout:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jay-Your car looks fantastic! Beautiful engine bay. I'm sure you're anxious to get things done so you can sneak in a drive before the weather makes it impossible until spring. It will be interesting to hear your seat of the pants impressions when you are done....John R :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Dang! That's one CLEAN engine compartment!

The Bullitt intake looks killer in black...have never seen that before.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Wow!! Just Wow!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys,really appriciate the awesome comments.
Yes i can't wait to get her all button up,and done,but it's already to late to test drive her when i'm done,snow has fallen,and the salt has touched the asphalt :frown: !!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
1LOW03GT said:
Thank you guys,really appriciate the awesome comments.
Yes i can't wait to get her all button up,and done,but it's already to late to test drive her when i'm done,snow has fallen,and the salt has touched the asphalt :frown: !!!
That's good in one aspect, you no longer need to be worried about trying to rush it to get a run in. Now you know that you'll have the winter to perfect her. You have a beautiful car Jay-look forward to seeing the progress.....John R

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Very, very nicely done indeed. I like the way you did this. Don't be surprised if you get a "following" on this one!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
im normally a chrome guy, but that looks really good in black.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MaineBullitt said:
That's good in one aspect, you no longer need to be worried about trying to rush it to get a run in. Now you know that you'll have the winter to perfect her. You have a beautiful car Jay-look forward to seeing the progress.....John R
Yeah,i'm gonna take my time.It'll give me a chance to clean the front timing chain/engine cover.Now that i look at it all,there is more to clean LOL!!!And thank you.:cool:

As for the black,i painted it with 3 cans of engine enamel.The pics really don't do it justice.The black really goes well with the silver body of my GT,and i almost doubted it when doing it.Now i am debating on painting the cam covers aswell.Should have those sometime this week,or even by the weekend.I'll take progress pics of the clean up as i go along.:wink:
Thanks for the compliments guys,i really appriciate them. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I had something similar to that i wanted to do with my Intake, but i want to go the True Blue route in painting. Black looks good in a sliver car. the car is coming along beautifuly man, congrats.
Oh I almost forgot to add, go and get yourself a JLT CAI, they sell them in black and it would look good maited up to that black intake.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JLT eh!!!We'll see down the road,would look good for sure!!!
As for the cam covers,i got a set coming to me from a buddy,if not,the local wrecking yard has tones of crown vics,and lincolns with the 11 bolt driver side oil fill.So that's a bonus either way.Was going to keep mine,but after thinking about it,since i'm already this far,i might aswell do it right.
Thanks again guys. :smile:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jay, did you ever figure out the torque specs on the intake? Looks Fantastic, by the way!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you. :smile:
I haven't got the specs yet,well,just the torque specs for the intake to cylinder heads off of another board,which for some reason is the same as the stock plastic intake's torque specs.Once i get all the stuff in(intake gaskets for the intake to cylinder heads as my "B" intake is just placed there for now,under intake tube,egr tube,ects),i am gonna give my buddy a shout that works,and operates a family owned Ford dealership so i can torque every bolt on the intake properly.All the main "B" gaskets are re usable.If the rubber on them were swollen,then i would need new ones,but they are still like new.If you would like the specs,i can post them once i get them.:wink:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Yup! Paint those cam covers. Brown just does not go with the rest of the engine bay and it's equipment. Very tasteful painting the intake black. Gives it a powerful look with the silver car.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DavidMidgley said:
Yup! Paint those cam covers. Brown just does not go with the rest of the engine bay and it's equipment. Very tasteful painting the intake black. Gives it a powerful look with the silver car.
Thank you David :cool: .Yeah,i'm leaning on painting the covers black,it would look sharp having everything black and aluminum for the engine with the silver body surrounding it all.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I think you've done a very nice job.

I have also thought about painting my valve covers. I recently bought a can of primer for painting plastic. I'm going to get a quart of our DHG paint and some clear and see how they turn out.

Please keep us informed of your developments.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts