Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From today's Free Press....it also looks like SEMA will start being an event for the car companies to unveil new models.

Ford Adrenalin SUV to debut at SEMA
October 25, 2007

BY JOE GUY COLLIER

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

Ford Motor Co. plans to unveil at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas next week the Sport Trac Adrenalin, an eye-popping street version of its Explorer SUV.

The Adrenalin rolls on 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with a blacked-out grille, black bezel headlights and lowered front and rear fascias to pull it closer to the ground.

"It's custom from the factory, but with no apologies," said Ford designer Pat Schiavone, standing in front of a blazing Colorado red version this month at a Romulus warehouse. "Everything is a little bit louder and a little bit larger."

Ford will make about 6,000 Adrenalins for the 2008 model year. In addition to Colorado red, it will be offered in black, silver birch metallic and white suede. The vehicle will be available in January with a base price of $29,775.

The Adrenalin is an example of how the Specialty Equipment Market Association's annual show is influencing the broader industry, Schiavone said. With the major automakers drawing closer to each other in quality, design is playing a larger role in attracting customers, he said.

"I think you're starting to see the world be less watered down," Schiavone said. "All the manufacturers are looking for more out of design. If we can conceive it, it's going to get built."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071025/BUSINESS01/710250410

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
What about the extra power?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is no extra power.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
506 Posts
YUP>>> passed a manufacture plated one here in Mich last Friday, cruzin down the hwy couldn't tell much on sound (ie: powertrain) but looked sharp..

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I saw a SportTrac a few weeks ago with "Adrenaline" on the back. It wasn't add-on letters either. They were done in that weird rubbery plastic that Ford likes to use. I couldn't tell the difference from a regular one.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I saw a SportTrac a few weeks ago with "Adrenaline" on the back. It wasn't add-on letters either. They were done in that weird rubbery plastic that Ford likes to use. I couldn't tell the difference from a regular one.
They made a version of them in 2004/05. The only differance from my XLT is the sound system, chrome wheels and chrome running boards.

The 2008 has a complete different lower body kit and wheel package. They say only 6,000 will be made. You can get them with the 4.6 V8 engine but you have to S/C it yourself.

Here are some photos of one at the Sema show last week

1 - 10 of 10 Posts