Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, are any of you IT managers hiring any lowely networking grads?? Any input would be appreciated. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
ever thought of a career with AT&T???
Well....forget it!! We are doing nothing but laying off just about every quarter in some segment some where and will continue to decimate for the next couple of years. But then, we are also top heavy with a lot of old timers and few with low seniority which speaks well for the occaisional hire to bring in new blood/skills. Programmers for mechanization has been the biggest area for hiring, but AT&T has also been busy offshoring that kind of support...catch 22.
Just try to get a Pakistani to understand 30 year old code for a database that was best understood by people who've taken early retirement!!!!!!!! Not that I'm frustrated or anything.. :???:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, thanks for the words of encouragement. Maybe you should try something new? That's not the kind of response I had in mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chalmers2212 on 2001-11-07 22:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
413 Posts
Dang BULLITT3230, Sounds like Qwest (formerly U S WEST). Wait a minute.... we used to be part of Ma Bell. Isn't it fun trying to integrate those systems wit new ones? I sure have fun trying to open up ours so you guys can get in and bill customers for using our network. Gotta love teleco. I expect to be unempoyed any day...

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
You could check our WEB site, but with times the way they are, we have pretty much frozen all recs.

http://www.autodesk.com.

wish I had better news for you on this one.

Good luck.

Bud

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
This just isn’t a good time for the IT field, unless you’re CCIE or in Network Security or Oracle programmer, etc, but times are getting tuff for these specialties fields also.
Menlo, Ga huh, how does some one living in rural Alabama obtain the IT skills you have? Did you crash in a plane or something? Hehe JK :wink:
You may also want to try web sites such as www.monster.com, www.computerjobs.com (this one is Atlanta based) www.dice.com.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paalaaaeeessseeee, I have a list of 85 websites. I went to school in Atlanta. Are you eluding to the fact that people in the country are dumb??

·
Registered
466 Posts
FASTBULLITT, I would'nt make too many country bumpkin jokes when you list one of your homes as Conway, AR. My company built the Goody's store there and if you live there, you have no place to make jokes about AL or GA.

PS...Last time I checked, Atlanta was in the south too.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Are we going to start this stuff again? People!!! Can we GET ALONG?! There has been too much of this going on here, can't we agree to disagree and go on?

Bubbles

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Chalmers2212,

JK = Just Kidding!

Both my parents and grandparents all uncle and aunts as far back as I know are from Alabama. They were all country people. My wife is from Alabama, along with her family. They are mainly city folk, from Birmingham. My grandfather was educated and was a college professor in Alabama. My Grandmother, also a school teacher was also was educated in Alabama. My dad didn’t go to college but he is one of the smartest men I know. He was also educated in Alabama. My mom who was raised in the country, out side of Jacksonville, whom never went to college, is one of the most literate women I know. So believe me when I say I was just kidding when I made the wise crack about your geographical location.

My mom along with the rest of my family have all relocated out side of the Atlanta metro area to cities like Dallas and Cartersville. I sometimes tease them that they live so far west of Atlanta, that they might as well be using a Alabama address.

I had never heard of Menlo, Ga and when I looked it up and saw you were right on the Alabama line, I couldn’t resist the urge to make some sort of joke.

Sorry if I offended you, it was not intentional.

Oh and for crs2879,

Your absolutely right, with a Conway Arkansas address, I have no room to make any jokes about any body from Alabama or any where else.
Also, Atlanta might be in the south, but it’s nothing more than an island for Yankees who are tired of shoveling snow. I don’t consider it part of the real south.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2001-11-08 11:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
466 Posts
OK, OK. I give. I did not intend to **** anyone off. The guy was looking for a job and somebody makes a crack about where he's from (friendly or not) and I thought I would come to his defense.

FASTBULLITT, Karl, Dona, et al, I have learned my lesson.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks FASTBULLITT. That was all I meant. If it sounded like I was trashing you, my mistake. BTW, I love Atlanta as a town, I just can't imagine having to drive around there everyday.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-08 10:19, crs2879 wrote:
Thanks FASTBULLITT. That was all I meant. If it sounded like I was trashing you, my mistake. BTW, I love Atlanta as a town, I just can't imagine having to drive around there everyday.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Having to drive around in Atlanta is why I jumped on a Chance to get out of there. My hour to 2-hour drive to work in Atlanta, has been reduced to a mere 15 min drive here in Conway AR, during what is considered around here as “rush hours”. Of course, now that I have a Bullitt, I wish my driving times were longer. Any body know of any job opening in the Atlanta area for a Network Security guy? Hehe :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2001-11-08 10:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-07 21:40, Chalmers2212 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, are any of you IT managers hiring any lowely networking grads?? Any input would be appreciated. Anyone?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
If you can hold a security clearance and are willing to relocate, there are a lot of places hiring network techs like yourself up here in DC.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ahhh, now see? That's more like it, we ALL get along and be happy! And, learn to master them happy faces. I only know this one :smile:

Bubbles

1 - 20 of 32 Posts