Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Been a while since i've posted on here. In BC, Canada the air care (emissions control) program was ending on DEC 2014, and with my cars insurance expiring in october, i decided to uninsure it until january so that i would not have to put my cat's back on, and as air care is known for, pointing out every tiny little problem that you cars sensors show and having you fix them. It was real dirty in january here, so i extended the storage for another two months. Well the time has come!! March 07, i get my baby back on the road - hopefully its sunny. Are there any tips for bringing her back? I am in the midst of the following prior to getting her on the road:

Replacing both front and rear brake pads and rotors - i picked up the DBA drilled and slotted Xgold and the hawk HPS brake pads

Cleaning out the IAC (my baby had some idling issues just before i parked her, idles would dip below 300 and pick back up to 1000 occasionally)

Changing the Air filter (any suggestions on one besides the stock motorcraft one?)

Cleaning the MAF sensor

And the major fluids, brake, engine oil etc.

Any tips and tricks or anything i am missing before i let her out to terrorize my neighbours at 6am :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Did the same. Insurance ran out in October . I insured it last weekend. Dropped it off at Midnite auto in the wack. Getting my t56 put in .
Hope to get it back by next weekend.
I used to have a kn air filter before I put my blower on

·
Premium Member
13,816 Posts
Don't forget to check the air pressure in your tires.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I suggest that after a few miles, changing the fuel filter. Just incase there may have been some mositure in the fuel from sitting.

Take it on a short cruise to allow it to clean any junk and then change it. Cheap insurance,

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
The way things are going here in CT, we won't be on the road until June. In preparation for our next storm, I removed a bunch of snow from the garage roof to add to the four feet already piled in front of the door. I need to move South!:confused:
Bruce

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, just have to get a few logisitcal things handled ie. find out when my insurance guy opens. Haven't been this excited in a while.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Nice weather this week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts