Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take DHG#93 to the cruise nights. I'm sitting there among the legends of the past, and everyone is flocking to the Bullitt. Lately, with more press reports on the car they want to know where to get one. Unfortunately, I have to tell them that they missed the boat and at this point, they'll be hard pressed to find one. The guys with the old iron love it too. I get comments like "its about time Detroit started turning out some good stuff"

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just so you will know.In the Black Book,a Dealer only wholesale guide the add for the Bullitt Package itself as a used car is 3000.oo,plus 20250.00 is the clean wholesale value for a total of 23250.00 wholesale for a used one with up to 9000 miles.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yea, the newspapers really put us on the map. I've seen more auto section cover stories featuring the Bullitt than ever. I've got USA Today, Philly Inquirer, and now the Lancaster Sunday News articles. They're all similar in an uncanny way. People really picked up on us, though.

Today on two seperate occasions I was quizzed on my Bullitt by some fairly knowledgable strangers. One guy says, "Is that a real Bullitt?" (He was tooling around in an '88 LX5.0 with like a pro-street hood on it. I never did hear him fire it up.) Another guy cornered me in my lot and said he never saw one. He really wanted to check it out and seemed like he wanted to get one. Mostly, he wanted to hear me start it up. He also said that he showed one of the news articles to his 18 year old, and the kid never heard of the car or the film. He said it made him feel old! I said, "No, man, you're with it, it's your kid who's out of touch!"

It's good to get some recognition. And it's fun to see all the interest explode a full year after we got on the ride.

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-08-23 02:02 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
01GT, they are uncannily similar because a LOT of the auto writers use the Ford press releases and "canned" phrases/descriptions to write part of their articles

·
Registered
466 Posts
I live in a suburb of Birmingham, AL. I have only seen one other Bullitt on the road to date and only know of one Bullitt for sale in the area (Black). When I talked to this dealer I told him I was interested but really wanted the DHG. His response was "their only making 100 green ones so you will not find one". How stupid do they think people are? Ended up buying mine (#2879) from Wade Ford in Atlanta, below sticker, and they delivered it to me. Great dealership. Handled the whole thing via e-mail. Never even spoke to the salesman!

I am continually amazed at how the average car salesman knows nothing about the cars he is selling. I remember when the SHO Taurus first came out. Had one salesman tell me it had a Turbo V8. When I said no, it's a 24V V6 designed by Yamaha, we almost got in an argument before I walked away.

I think there are still a few Bullitts available at sticker, or below. Even though it is a rare car. The people who really understand it are just as rare.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So far I have not seen another Bullitt around the Nothern VA area and get a lot of second glances when I go rolling by. I bought mine in Rockville, MD a few weeks ago and they still have two, black, Bullitts on the lot as of three days ago. They are selling for $27,??? with the Mach 460. If anyone knows anyone that is interested, I'd be more than happy to supply the dealer info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts