Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have not been on here in forever and I apologize. Let me update you:

My 2008 bullitt now has 3,400 miles on it and just went in for an oil change and the front right brake caliper looked at. I have one small ding on the front bumper (I was poed). It still runs like a champ and I absolutely love it. I would have done the oil change myself, but the brake did need looked at.

I'm still working on my cali special. I got it back yesterday and since my shop is next door to Inskeep Ford (Vail's Classic Cars), I dropped the bullitt off, walked across the lot to vail's and picked up the '68... guess what? Inskeep ford in Greenfield Indiana has another green 08 bullitt sitting out there for sale. I'll get the ID number to give to the registry. Also, as I was driving down us40 from vails, My bullitt pulled up next to me with a tech guy driving and he was on it kind of harder than he should have been, so I may have to have a chat with the tech manager.

I will tell you one thing, though. I love this car and I don't think I'll ever be bored with it. Oh, and I saw an 01 bullitt in the cracker barrel parking lot in Anderson, IN this morning. First time I ever saw one up close... super sharp. I wonder if it was a member on here. :)

Well, that's my update. I'll get on here more. I promise.

Oh, how far off is MRT from debuting the bullitt package?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wally,
Glad to hear the good report.
:)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
KOREY!! :smile: Glad to hear all is well!! I'm up to 3,500 something miles as well, still enjoying this car so much more than I thought I ever would :lol:

It's great to see your type, even though technically you're the enemy with that cali special :lol: JK, but you know that :lol:

So what was up with that brake caliper anyway?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Korey !!!

Only have about 1,000 on mine but already know I will never willingly part with it. Ran a few laps at Raod Atlanta (The Mitty) and waiting till I can get back up for an all day session. I too have developed a new found intrest in the 01's. Come back anytime you can.

D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys/girls! The brake caliper was binding up and grinding a little bit. It was putting out a lot more brake dust than it should have been. Other than that, no problems at all. There is just something about the car that makes me never to want to part with it. But, I sure do like those 01s... hmmmm...

And yes, I am the enemy with my cali special, but they are such beautiful cars. And mine is in pretty dang good shape, so it stays. ;)

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Korey your Cal special is the real deal, all the new ones are fakes :lol:

(that should bring in few CS owners :wink: )

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey Korey, can you put up a few pics of your 68? I would love to see it. In fact, can you put up some pics of your 08 and 68 together? That would be really cool!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will do, hickdaddy. Oh, there are a few pics in my gallery in my profile on here.

I can't find my camera right now. But now it's sporting flowmaster 40s (nice old sound to it), rebuilt ignition and some other little goodies. My list in order of importance to get done on that car this summer is:

1. change rear main seal (leaking a little bit) BIG PAIN to do with the engine in.
2. Fix some quarter window seals (the small triangular windows up front)
3. Replace left rearview mirror and...
- Detail and repaint parts of the interior (door panels mostly)
4. Install hurst mastershift 3-speed shifter (probably do the same time as seal)
5. Install ORIGINAL cobra air cleaner (picked it up at my shop, guy just left it there) and Cobra valve covers... but while doing that...
6. Install Edelbrock Performer 289/302 intake
7. Detail and repaint some of the engine bay.
8. OH, I'll probably install my flaming river steering gearbox while doing shifter and seal.
Paint will be last down the road. The car is in great shape, rebuilt suspension and brakes. :) So, I have a lot to do. Hence why the bullitt will stay stock for awhile. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts