Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Too bad the article didn't talk about the other Mustangs such as GT, Bullitt and Cobra......or are they not muscle cars of today???????

·
Registered
899 Posts
While it seems like cause for celebration to many, this is bad news. Without competition, the Mustang's long term future and growth is much less secure.

It's a shame...

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's right, Ford will now be a lot less motivated to continue enhancing the product, although I must say the Crown Vic hasn't exactly died on the vine since the demise of the Caprice.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-26 15:26, Bullitt4601 wrote:
That's right, Ford will now be a lot less motivated to continue enhancing the product, although I must say the Crown Vic hasn't exactly died on the vine since the demise of the Caprice.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but brand new CV's still get spanked by six & seven year old Impala & Caprice LT-1's. Obviously, Ford didn't see much reason to increase performance once the B-body platform died. People keep talking up the Marauder, but it's nearly 2002 & they aren't on the road yet. I hope the death of the Camaro & Firebird doesn't affect the Mustang adversely.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
In several magazines now, and even someone from ford said this: The mustang is going after the Corvette and eventually, the king of the road, the dodge Viper. The redisgn year, the Cobra is supposedly goona do a good 350-380 hp with a 5.0 DOHC, the GTs right around 300 with the 4.6 SOHC, and the V-6s, jumping into the modular frenzy with either a 3.0 or a 3.5, with 220. I believe this is a new era for the last Pony car. And I believe by 2007, the Mustang will dominate even the coveted Viper.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That may be true Los but for me I can say those will probably be out of my price range just like the "once" affordable VIPER is! Also where do u think that will take the quality issue to as well! In other words if someone wants a musclecar and GM and Chrysler cant deliver it pretty much leaves Ford holding all the cards unless you want foreign! And we know how a monopoly works! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! IN OTHER WORDS! Thanx Havgun#1676 Of course if I pay this Bullitt off then just maybe a future Cobra would fit quite nice in my garage! But if Ford if going to go after that kind of power they had better do more towards quality in the drive train or else all your [email protected]$* will be laying on the ground! I mean look at all the clunking and grinding this Bullitt has at 265 ponies!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-09-30 02:53 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts