Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can not build a Bullitt on Ford's site and add the IUP option which includes the "My Color" feature, but what gauges do the 2008 Bullitt's come with? The one I looked at tonight lit up Red so I'm not sure if this is the standard setup or not

·
Registered
803 Posts
Special bullitt guages with special font, crosshairs, and MyColor feature. :)

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
wally05 said:
Special bullitt guages with special font, crosshairs, and MyColor feature. :)
I'd like to see one of the regular production vehicles, but PP06 had the MyColor, but it didn't work on the gauges. They were always one color, regardless of what the MyColor was inside the rest of the car. That was one thing I didn't like (one of the few) as the gauges and mycolor would look awesome as Red on the Bullitt (imho.) If they MyColor includes the gauges on the production vehicles, that will be very cool! I thought I wasn't going to work on the gauges, so that is good news.

Here is a daytime shot of the gauge pack.. I don't have a decent pic of the gauges at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Mike,

I think you're confusing My Color with ambient lighting- two different features.
The PP's might of had the ambient lighting but not the My Color.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Yep, I should read things more closely.. :)

Where are the controls to change the colors for the gauges?

·
Registered
803 Posts
That is something you access through the computer's menu. There is no one touch button to change the color. You have to cycle through the menu and do it. The ambient lighting switch is on the center console. :)

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
wally05 said:
That is something you access through the computer's menu. There is no one touch button to change the color. You have to cycle through the menu and do it. The ambient lighting switch is on the center console. :)
Computer menu as in the MPG/Trip/etc? Well hell, I missed it if it was there. :)

Ambient lighting one is easy to find.. especially when passengers kept changing it. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
B-Man said:
Computer menu as in the MPG/Trip/etc? Well hell, I missed it if it was there. :)

Ambient lighting one is easy to find.. especially when passengers kept changing it. :)
Yep, you just cycle through it till you find "myColor." You can set a custom color or change it to one of 6 presets. :)

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
wally05 said:
Yep, you just cycle through it till you find "myColor." You can set a custom color or change it to one of 6 presets. :)
Ah, and this wasn't on the PPs? I cycled through the Trip/mpg computer, and didn't notice it. :)

So you can match the colors. I'm sold. Let me have one! :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
There is a good chance it wasn't on the PP's for a reason. When I ordered my old v6 car with IUP, it was delayed due to the low number of myColor gauages available. It seems like they're always low on those. Maybe they were trying to save some for production cars.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
Mike, it was not on the PPs (I could not find it either). In fact, the first printing of the ordering guide for Job mentions that you could NOT get MyColor with the Bullitt option. Something must have changed at the last minute!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Mike, it was not on the PPs (I could not find it either). In fact, the first printing of the ordering guide for Job mentions that you could NOT get MyColor with the Bullitt option. Something must have changed at the last minute!
Ok, glad it wasn't just me being oblivious. :)

That deep red in MyColor and Ambient will look very cool on the HG Bullitts. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a different color option avaialble for the GT500 as well. It has a red, white, & blue option as one of the presets. It is Very, Very cool. That's what I used on our's along with turning the shift indicator light off so it always glowed red. THe speedo (on the left) was red, guages in the middle, white & tach was blue.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Man this is getting GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I will play with this Option for a while :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :wink:

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Registered
606 Posts
All 08 Bullitts come with MYcolor but ambient lighting is the option!!

You cannot get ambient lighting on the Canadian Bullitts for some unknown reason?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
If any of the gages start to go into the bad, that gage will turn red and if you have red set as the my color I believe it goes white! The ONLY thing I don't like about the my color option is that the radio and other center console items stay green. It only changes the main instrument cluster. Small but annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Gail read this post and basically said that is unacceptable! She is going RIGHT now to take pictures of the gages with all the different colors:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Here are a few quick pics of the MyColor feature. They colors are brighter in person.

Blue

Green

Orange

Red - it looks like a deep vibrant red in the car

And when Jeff is in the dog house or I'm just messing with him I set it to one of these:
Purple

Pink

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
dwooten said:
If you run to within 15 miles of empty the gas gauge turns RED.
Man you just made my Day !!! Is this Bullitt just the coolest thing or what :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

So when you get Low on Fuel it changes to RED.

A RED-Fuel Gauge , NICE:

Terry (tigerhonaker

1 - 20 of 22 Posts