Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's wierd, but right under my right rear tail light is a small white production sticker that says Dark Highland Green with some UPC code or something under it. It's actually on the top surface of the rear bumper surround, right under the tail light. I'd like to remove the tail light to peal the sticker off properly, but I don't know how to get the interior carpet away from the back of the tail light mounting bolts. There's a t-shaped cleat that holds the cargo net, and no other apparent clips or buttons to pull to release the carpet. The t-cleat does not seem to unscrew. Anyone got any ideas for me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The T cleat you are referring to does remove and it IS the only thing holding the trunk carpeting in place as I remember. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and wrapped each side of the pliers in electrical tape so I wouldn't scuff the T cleat then grabbed and twisted. Mine were stuck on pretty tight too and I had to remove this section of carpet in my Bullitt to install the ATS system. After you get that off it is a matter of removing 4 or 5 (don't remember exactly) nuts that hold the tail light assembly in place. After those nuts are removed the taillight assembly might still seem stuck tight. This is because of some rubber bushings used by Ford on the bolt posts. Just give them a quick tap with a hammer and they should come loose. OH YEAH....and DO NOT forget to cover your bumper with a towel or soft cloth when removing the taillight assembly or you could end up with some NASTY scratches. If you need more detail just let me know. I can always get my ATS instruction sheet and give specifics. Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-03 14:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-03 15:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Lok n Lod. Hey, does that t-cleat unscrew? or just pull off! And THANK YOU FOR THE TIP ABOUT PROTECTING THE BUMPER! What a disaster that would have been if I bumbled it!

·
Registered
252 Posts
The T cleat is internally threaded onto a bolt. It unscrews. And as far as the tip. I do everything I can to protect EVERY part on my car. Guess I am just paranoid. Glad I could help though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts