Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Bullitt has made me lose my mind. Not sure when it started but I may have to seek professional help. Since buying this car, the following has occurred:

1) Became addicted to this site
2) Spent $$$$$ on mods (something I wouldn't normally do)
3) Get frustrated if I'm going less than 80 MPH
4) Have dreams (plans?) of Superchargers and Ram Air
5) Grown 6 inches and lost ten pounds (not really...it's the illness talking)
6) Have taken up hiking in parking lots based upon my new anal parking habits
7) Considered removing Mach460 due to lack of use...

Thank god I didn't buy a VW beetle, I'm scared to think what THAT would have done to me....

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nah.... you don't have a cot in the garage so you can sleep with it... I do...hmmm..wait...maybe I need help.. :razz:

Brian

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rarecat

Aw come on. I am sure you like to buy flowers for yourself and arrange them in your car.

Rarecat

I am the same way. I loaded 6 cd's into my care and have yet to get through one.

I park my car so far away I need to bring water along for the walk out to the car. I find myself requesting and getting seats in resteraunts by the window so that I can keep an eye on the Bullitt. What ever you have I have caught it through this site.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, did I mention I'm ten years younger too!

Next thing you know I'll be shopping for helmets and hitting the track!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ROFL - Rarecat and Brian!!
someone mentioned fingerprints on another forum and NEVER in my life have i noticed and removed so many fingerprints from one of my vehicles!!

ok, in my office here at work,
1.)Framed reproduuction of the original Bullitt movie poster
2.) Framed Ford Bullitt poster that Fred sent me( ok, it's framed with a dark metallic green aluminum frame!!!)
3.) 1:25th scale Revell Bullitt model with steve McQueen figure
4.) 1:64th scale Revell Bullitt model
5.) 1:64th scale Revell Dodge Charger "bad guy" model
6.) Trophy my baby won in local car show
7.) computer screen has Chad jumping/catching air at the San Francisco introduction!!!

no, i don't see any problems here!!!!!

ps: oh yeah,..... #7.) 1:64th scale Johnny Lightning Mustang Classic 1968 GT scale model

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-10 15:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
Mystang... Heheh..

Man.. I can't pull my 3 Stooges poster for a second Bullitt poster.. :smile:

Unframed Ford Bullitt Poster
1/64 Revell Bullitt mustang
Bullitt #66 photo wall
Too much more to list... :rool:

Brian

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can relate to the anal parking habits. I park so far away I had to install a GPS system in the Bullit just so I can locate it.....

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
OH MY GOD! I think, there is a rare affection shared by numerous people threw out North America and one reported case in Great Britan. We can call it Bullittitis or Bullitthead Virus. Or it could be a mental disorder called Mega Bullitt Head which causes unstopable urges to clean anything DHG, Black or True blue.
In some victims, the lustful need for speed. These feelings/urges are shared or passed on by hours of 2 finger typing and searching Websters for correct spelling.
Finger prints are known to throw the victim into a fit of cruse words and rubbing with anything soft, including clothing being worn at time of attack.
No one is safe!!!!! Just by being around an affected person can cause tempoary insanty; The lustful need for speed, Shared visual fixation, and the uncontroled need to ask questions. In worst cases this shared insanty has caused victums to regress back to primitive animal sex acts.
But I'm not a doctor so I might be wrong. I do have a alsome set of tools, and I stayed in Holiday Inn Expess last year.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
ROTFLMFAO..

You guys kill me. However I do believe I'm becoming symptomatic as well. I've never gotten so much exercise as I do now just walking to my car. As for the fingerprints.. I was at a restaraunt with a friend of mine who noticed my wife's fingerprints on the passenger side door. He said "uh oh.. I guess you're gonna have to go home and clean that up.." and knowing how obsessed I am with this he said for me to be careful or I'll end up being one of those old guys who sits in his garage polishing his car with a diaper. I told him not too worry.. I'd never let my car sit in a garage.. and as for the diaper.. Well I bring mine with me.. I then pulled the diaper out of the trunk cargo holder and proceeded to clean up the fingerprints.
The stunned silence from him was well worth it. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hmmm, obsessive compulsive disorder = Bullittitus

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wash my Bullitt so often, my neighbor accused me of trying to wash the paint off it.

Did I fail to mention this car has made me Damn Handsome too! (I'm obviously delusional)

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Some other symptoms of Bullittitus
<UL>
<LI>Do you have her photo in your wallet?
<LI>Built a web site?
<LI>Check on her before going to bed?
<LI>Check on her when waking up?
<LI>Decide to take the wifes car to check out a noise she asked about six months ago because where you are going their parking sucks?
<LI>Wash the wifes car as an excuse to get the Bullitt accidently wet so you can wash it two days in a row?
<LI>Watched the Bullitt chase scene 37 times and still have no idea what the movie is about?
<LI>Took pictures out of family photo album to make a new Bullitt album?
<LI>Driven more than 1 hour from home just to take photos of the Bullitt?
<LI>Added over 50 links in your favorites to information about Mustangs?
<LI>Lost sleep trying to decided when and with what to change the oil?
<LI>While showing someone the engine compartment nearly knock one idiot in the head that did not understand the phrase "DO NOT TOUCH THE STICKER"
<LI>Ask strangers to take your picture of you driving the car when you come around the corner?
<LI>Do you have any paperwork that others may consider trash, framed and hanging on the wall?
<LI>Choose restaurants strictly on their parking lot arrangements?
<LI>Get to work on time to pick from the good spots?
<LI>Find your self driving slower to make the ride home last longer?
<LI>Drive in the middle lanes below the pace of traffic, trying to bait a ricer?
[/list]
Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-08-10 18:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-08-10 18:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Mid life you must use more than 2 fingers to type all that. You have hit right on the nail head. I think we all have Bullittitus.

·
Registered
610 Posts
AHHH, The care and feeding of the Bullitt...What Love is all about!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I think, thinking about it shows a hidden desire to do it, you just havn't completly come out of the closet. Just do it, who cares if radio talk show hosts want to say we are not normal. We know we are!!!!! Lets march on Washington DC proclaiming Bullittitus rights. Just because we are different don't mean we shouldn't have rights

89 bottles of beer on the wall
85 bfdjr of bree ......on wal

·
Registered
111 Posts
Copy of Bullitt on DVD... $15.99
Dense Charger... $95 + S & H
Case of Amsoil SAE 5W-20 XL-7500 Synthetic... $61
Incureable case of Bullittitis... Priceless

Some people own Bullitt Mustangs...
For everyone else, there's Chevrolet

·