Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's true. I've stopped driving my Bullitt...to the gym every morning! You see, the gyms only 5 minutes away. THEY say the hardest thing on your engine is starting it. I figure why start her just to drive 5 minutes down the road. I figure if I take good care of her I'll have her that much longer. So I took the 81 Buick Skyhawk wagon to the gym today. I'm thinking if I punch holes through the cars floor I'll get to the gym faster (via Flintstone propulsion). I'm gonna get killed in the wagon. I'll pull out in front of a Mac truck with plenty of time.. ooops wrong car. Seriously my driving habits have to be drasticly modified for my old car. I've gotten used to that Bullitt torque!

·
Registered
144 Posts
You are right, it is dangerous going from a Bullitt to another car. When I was in Germany recently I rented a BMW 318i. Nice little 4 door sedan but only a 2 liter 4 banger. I kept on moving into the left lane trying to pass cars, thinking I could do it quickly, only to have Porsches come up on me at 150MPH, flashing their lights because I was blocking their way. :wink:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I've stopped driving mine to work and to the Big City. Philadelphia that is. I kept my 93 Taurus for that duty instead of trading it in. 158000 miles and still runs like a top. Ford either did something very right or very wrong, depending on your perspective, with that car. But, I did bring good ol' 2759 to work today. It's just too nice out to leave 'er under the covers today. The Fall here in PA is prime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts