Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through some threads and I found that some of you are using a 2 ton jack of some sort. So here's my question. Do I need a 2 ton jack or will a 1.5 ton work? Do I need to use hydraulic or can I go with a scissor type? Does anyone know what type the regular GTs have? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Roadside tire work standard jack kit. Anything else that involves me under the car I always use floor jack and stands.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I picked up a cheap scissor jack that's 1 ton. Works great. That's 2000 lb capacity and with the designated jack points, you're only picking up one wheel at a time. It has a flat saddle so I tuck it up against the inside of the body seam at each jack point.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I have a jack stand and hydraulic for in the garage. I was just wondering about for roadside. Sounds like the scissor jack will work. That's good, because it takes up less room and weighs a lot less!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I used to have a link for a nice pinch point adapter for floor jacks.... anyone know where?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got mine out of a Crown Vic. Put the jack and 4way in a canvas bag.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I remember that Montoya. Also someone had made one out of a small piece of wood and epoxy that fit on top of the floor jack.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Jack not name, Jack Job..............

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
rickerroadster said:
I searched through some threads and I found that some of you are using a 2 ton jack of some sort. So here's my question. Do I need a 2 ton jack or will a 1.5 ton work? Do I need to use hydraulic or can I go with a scissor type? Does anyone know what type the regular GTs have? Thanks for the help!
Hi Ben,

Check out this Link and it will answer your Question.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169163

tigerhonaker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts