Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bullitt 0001 is one of Scott Hoag's cars. It may be in Jack's "collection" but I don't think Scott sold it. Maybe he did?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
What Jack is saying here is that this is the 1st PROTOTYPE of the '01 Bullitt, not the 1st production model. It does not have a hologram sticker. Some of us on this site (Paul, Terry, Perry, Nick, Dale & myself) visited his Livonia museum back in January and saw this car. It's actually a black 2000 GT that Roush upgraded with the paint, performance and trim parts. Several of the prototype parts like the side vents had poor fit and finish.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138431&highlight=roush+museum

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
From my understanding, Roush was key in the engineering/development from the beginning, along with some key Ford employees.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thats some pretty cool stuff. I guess you learn somthing new everyday.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Black4592 said:
Thats some pretty cool stuff. I guess you learn somthing new everyday.
What he said.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I asked the question to Lt. Frank a couple years back...here's my question and his response:

QUESTION: How involved was Roush in the development of the Bullitt (production model)? I've heard conflicting stories...

RESPONSE: Roush was a key partner in the devleopment of the prototypes. In fact, they did the show car under Ford studio supervision, ala Sean Tant, and put together the "production" show car. That car is in Jack's museum today. It did not come off the line as a Bullitt, but was a mod GT.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Bullitt_Buyer said:
I asked the question to Lt. Frank a couple years back...here's my question and his response:

QUESTION: How involved was Roush in the development of the Bullitt (production model)? I've heard conflicting stories...

RESPONSE: Roush was a key partner in the devleopment of the prototypes. In fact, they did the show car under Ford studio supervision, ala Sean Tant, and put together the "production" show car. That car is in Jack's museum today. It did not come off the line as a Bullitt, but was a mod GT.
Never knew that.

In my next life I want to be Jack Roush!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I don't think a lot of people realize how involved Roush's company was in the development of the Bullitt. Pretty amazing it doesn't get much mention. Then again, when the Bullitt came out, it didn't get much mention period...which I'm glad...no ADM!!!

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Bullitt4003 said:
What Jack is saying here is that this is the 1st PROTOTYPE of the '01 Bullitt, not the 1st production model. It does not have a hologram sticker. Some of us on this site (Paul, Terry, Perry, Nick, Dale & myself) visited his Livonia museum back in January and saw this car. It's actually a black 2000 GT that Roush upgraded with the paint, performance and trim parts. Several of the prototype parts like the side vents had poor fit and finish.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138431&highlight=roush+museum
There's a shiney quarter to the first person that can guess what I was rubbing against the car in that photo. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts