Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JACKING THE BULLITT WHEN YOU WANT TO LIFT ONLY ONE WHEEL:
On my Kwiklift it is easier to raise a front wheel via the "A" arm rather than raising the entire suspension. If I use a bottle jack with a 2x6 on top to spread the weight, is it OK to raise one wheel this way?

Is it OK to raise a rear wheel the same way by lifting on the axle housing near the wheel?

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also,
Does anyone have a source for the electric wheel lift (jack) we saw at nats this year?

It was being used to lift and rotate a wheel to make the calipers more visable.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
A bottle jack will work on the front, you could also jack on the crossmember in the front, probably better than the a arm. I would advise agains jacking on the rear end tubes, I think some camber is built in the tubes. I think the manual states not to jack on the rear end. Find a place in the front of the rear to jack with the bottle jack. I have a hydraulic siccors jack that does not need a piece of wood.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Ditto

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is so much easier to lift just a couple of inches to change a wheel. Having to raise the entire suspension is too much lift for my bottle jack. Is there any place on the rear that does not require releasing the suspension?

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Is so much easier to lift just a couple of inches to change a wheel. Having to raise the entire suspension is too much lift for my bottle jack. Is there any place on the rear that does not require releasing the suspension?
Not that I'm aware of. That's not to say they aren't there but I don't know of them. I would think your bottle jack would be strong enough to lift a corner up or do you mean the range of the piston on the bottle jack does not have enough travel to release the suspension?

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, limited travel. But I think I can use the flat space just outboard of the rear portion of the frame conector if the bottle jack has enough travel.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Place a piece or pieces of wood under the jack, may give you enough height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts