Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Jan has been out of commission, I have been using the PT Cruiser so I don't have to rack the miles up on the Bullitt. It has less miles than the Bullitt has (it has 53,000 to my 58,000,) but it rattles, clunks and has absolutely no power. After a week, I'm already tired of driving it. The sad part is, she wants to trade it in on another one! I'd rather she check out the HHR first.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Isn't the PT Cruiser based on the Neon platform??? Plus,its bulit in Mexico??? They need to redesign that car....Same platform since being introduced....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pronkie1 said:
Isn't the PT Cruiser based on the Neon platform??? Plus,its bulit in Mexico??? They need to redesign that car....Same platform since being introduced....
Yes, yes, and YES! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Funny, my brother in Ohio bought one last year. I had flown up to visit him a couple years ago and rented a car. PT Cruiser. It could move pretty good, but then I think it had 2K miles on it and was still relatively solid. :smile: I liked it, but only until I drove a Mini.:cool: Then I made up my mind that if I should buy another little car it would be the Mini. My brother liked the looks of the PT. Never drove it and went out and bought one, no test drive!:???: .:confused: Without driving it first.:exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: Now, he lets the thing sit.:eek: His Focus has more miles and has been wrecked by his grandson twice!:rolleyes: He likes it more than the PT. Calls the PT a PO*. Complains that it can't turn sharp:frown: , NO DUH! Gets crappy mileage:frown: , again NO DUH! Something like 22 mpg Highway at 75 mph:shock: . And like David said it rattles. He hates it:grumpy: . Never mind the grief he gets from his wife for buying it:wife: :wife: :wife: :wife: . He's waiting on the next truely new Focus in a couple years and says if it's as nice as the old ZTS he's buying it to replace both the ZTS and PT.:wink:

So, yeah David, I understand. The gal down the street from me buys a new one every couple years. Thinks it's wonderful.:neutral:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
We average about 27 MPG in mixed driving. It will cruise comfortably at 75. Going to get leveling springs for the rear.
You need to the leveling springs the way Carol packs the baby! Everytime I've seen it she's maxed it out, and that includes the first time I saw it in the garage!

BTW, Beware ppl: HHRs' are NOT for ppl over 5'10" tall. The roof curves down and blocks the view ahead and of traffic lights. Maybe a cute little wagon, but it's never going to be on my list of cars to buy.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David, I get 22 mpg in the PT as well. I put a cold air kit on it last year, but that doesn't really help. I bought lowering springs for it a couple of years ago, but never put them on. I guess I'll be Ebaying them soon, unless she ends up with another PT. I've just never been big on Chrysler's quality. I've had a few newer ones in the past and certain things that I don't think should go out on them do go out, and early on.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Your right, they fail in the dumbest ways. My brother's has behaved so far, but it only has 25K on it. The gal down the street dumps hers when the lease is out. But she has had tranny problems with each one at about 40K. Electrical problems on one. Computer problems on the previous car. And other issues once they get up around 50K. Ususally just before trade in time...

The computer problem was that it would just turn off everything while cruising down the road. She'd have to put into nuetral and recycle the ignition switch to restart on the fly. Then again, three guys that I work with had Dodge trucks. And all those trucks used to do that too! Now only one guy still has his Dodge truck. One got a Chevy PU, one got a Hyundai SUV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts